Procure to Pay Business Analyst
Job location: Charlottesville, VA - Remote - Virginia
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2020-10-26
UVA is focusing on a robust and effective financial management approach enabled by a fully integrated cloud-based technology solution for the University, with the intention to leverage industry best practices, develop a future state business model, and enable the utilization of modernized tools.
Our goal is to reduce administrative burden, make compliance with regulations and policies easier and more consistent, strengthen our risk management framework, and allow the University community to better steward resources in support of its mission. At every turn, we seek to answer the key question: “How can we, through this transformation, make UVA a better university -- more preeminent in research and teaching, more deeply engaged in service, more accessible and affordable?"
The project team is seeking mission-driven individuals who are flexible, team-oriented, and highly motivated to support UVA through the transformation and system changes.
This position describes the Procure to Pay Business Analyst, who will report to the Procurement Systems Manager and FST Procurement Workstream lead, Adeline Coe. This position supports project activities by performing business analysis, creating supporting documentation and presentations, and engaging with stakeholders and collecting requirements with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Project Support
- Provides support and contributes subject matter expertise in the implementation and functionality related to procurement which is in scope for the Finance Strategic Transformation (FST) project at the University of Virginia.
- Contributes to timely completion of deliverables required by the project plan, participates in University design workshops, and supports the development of business processes and role design documents.
- Develops impact assessments and assists in the identification of gaps
- Completes hands-on functional and technical project activities related to procurement
- Process Analysis
- Delivers business process maps and documentation
- Analyses current state processes and assists in translating to future state processes
- Assists in gathering requirements from process owners
- Data Collection and Reporting
- Collects operational data related to Procurement activities and prepares statistical analyses, graphics, and presentations to demonstrate the effect of proposed changes or improvements to business processes and policies
- Continuously engages with stakeholders to see how they are interacting with our current system, ask why, and document business needs for future system design
- Training and Outreach
- Assists in the demonstration of key product features, document requirements and design, and assists with knowledge transfer to the project team and others
- Participates alongside a diverse set of university colleagues in user acceptance testing
- Brings a customer service orientation and willingness to challenge and improve processes
- Partners with FST Financial leads, central finance staff, Associate Deans, and other staff throughout the University
- The FST project can be unpredictable and projects and tasks may be assigned that are not enumerated here
Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- At least two years of business-related experience in a fast-paced environment which requires quick thinking and strong interpersonal skills is required.
- Possesses excellent communication skills including written, verbal, interpersonal, and proof reading.
- Ability to accomplish projects with little supervision and has a high customer service ethic and expectation for quality
- Portrays a professional manner as a representative of UVA
- Is a self-starter with the ability to manage multiple priorities and confidential information
- Possesses ability to promote the adoption of new tools and improved business processes
- Has a focus on continuous improvement
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite, especially MS Excel, Visio, and Microsoft Teams
- Preferred experience with P2P Software, preferable Jaggaer (SciQuest), Workday, similar sourcing and contract management systems, and project management software (i.e.// Jira)
Physical Demands: This is primarily a sedentary job involving extensive use of desktop computers. The job does occasionally require traveling some distance to attend meetings, and programs.
Anticipated Hiring Range: $45,667 - $70,000 (commensurate with qualifications) with UVA benefits.
This role is available for remote work.
This position has an intended start date of early December 2020. This position is initially limited to the duration of the project, currently estimated to be December 31, 2021. The Procure to Pay Business Analyst is eligible to participate in the generous FST incentive program. This position will remain open until filled and the first applicant review will be on November 5. For questions about the position or the application process, please contact Bethany Case, Academic Recruiter.
Please apply through Workday, and search for “Procure to Pay Business Analyst". Complete an application online and attach a cover letter and CV/resume all into the resume submission field, multiple documents can be submitted into this one field. Internal applicants must apply through their UVA Workday profile. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.