Job location: Medical Center (Charlottesville, VA)
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2020-10-27
UVA Cancer Center is seeking a Research Nurse to join our team. Research nurses work closely with study subjects, the Principal Investigator (PI), and the entire study team to provide effective patient care in compliance with the research protocol, federal and institutional policies, and Good Clinical Practices governing clinical research. Research nurses provide consistent and effective care to a variety of complex research patients. A research nurse manages care and implements treatment plans (in compliance with the IRB-approved protocol) at a refined skill level in collaboration with research patients, their families, PIs, and other members of the research team. They seek as well as provide feedback for improved clinical practice. They have the authority to adapt methods and procedures (within the scope of the approved research protocol) to meet the requirements of the clinical trial.
- Relationship-Based Care - Self and Colleagues: reflects the influence of the nurse’s relationship with self, colleagues, and patient/family on the patient experience.
- Relationship-Based Care - Patients and Families: reflects the influence of the nurse’s relationship with self, colleagues, and patient/family on the patient experience.
- Expert Caring: encompasses clinical assessment, planning, prioritizing, coordinating, and implementation of care.
- Empowered Leaders: demonstrate knowledge of and actively participate in shared governance.
- Lifelong Learners: encompasses professional development through formal education, professional certification, internal and external learning opportunities, and recognizes the value of external professional organizations. Supports onboarding of new team members and precepts as applicable.
- Quality Achievement: includes adherence to clinical documentation guidelines, comprehension of outcomes data, engagement in performance improvement activities, and commitment to standard work.
- Innovation: is demonstrated by application of technologies that support patient care, actively seeking to implement evidence-based practice and new knowledge generated by nursing research.
- Provide nursing care, create research care flowsheets, order, and stock medical supplies, oversee activities at Fontaine CRU.
- In addition to the above job responsibilities, other duties may be assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program required.
- 1 year of relevant experience.
- Licensure: Licensed to Practice as a Registered Nurse in the Commonwealth of Virginia. American Heart Association (AHA) Health Care Provider BLS certification required.
Please apply through Workday<http://uva.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/UVAJobs>, and search for “R0019173”. Complete an application online and attach a CV/resume. Internal applicants must apply through their UVA Workday profile by searching “Find Jobs” in the top search bar. This is an Exempt level, benefited position and it will remain open until filled. This position will not sponsor applicants for work visas. This is a restricted position and is dependent upon project need, availability of funding, and performance. Anticipated Hiring Range: $60,000 - $90,000 depending upon experience. The University will perform background checks on all new hires prior to employment. The selected applicant will require a health and drug screen. This position will also require an Education Verification. (FSAKA).
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.