Instructor - Early Childhood Education - Spring 2021
Instructor - Early Childhood Education - Spring 2021
The College of Southern Nevada appreciates your interest in employment at our growing institution. We want your application process to go smoothly and quickly. We ask that you keep in mind the following when completing your application:
- Once you start the application process you cannot save your work. Please ensure you have all required attachment(s) available to complete your application before you begin the process.
- Required attachments are listed below on the posting. Your application will not be considered without the required attachments.
- Please note that applications must be submitted prior to the close of the recruitment. Once a recruitment has closed, applications will no longer be accepted.
If you are unable to attach the required documents to your online application or need assistance regarding the application process, please contact the Talent Acquisition team within Human Resources via email at [email protected] or call (702) 651-5800 to be directed to the appropriate Recruiter.
This position will be open until filled. Application review will begin 11/28/2020. For full consideration all application related material should be submitted by 11/27/2020.
The Department of Education is seeking applicants for a full-time, tenure track Instructor - Early Childhood Education position. This position consists of full-time teaching and faculty are responsible for performing diverse professional activities including; the delivery of quality instruction to students, advisement of students, development , implementation and evaluation of curricula and service at the college.
Teaching includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Meeting all classes at the time, place and length of time designated.
- Teaching courses as assigned which correlate with the catalog descriptions and course outlines in a manner designed to assist the student to achieve the specific objectives of the course.
- Providing each student at the beginning of each course with a course outline which may include the following information: the goals, objectives and content for the course of study. Required and supplementary textbooks to be used. Attendance requirements. Behavior and discipline requirements. Planned schedule of examinations, field trips or other special activities. Out-of-class assignment policy. Method of evaluating student progress toward an achievement of course goals and objectives, including the method by which the final grade is derived. Information about office hour availability and appointment procedures. Other information that advises students of those requirements established by the instructor for meeting the course objectives.
- Assignments may be located on any combination of CSN's several campuses
- Assignments may be any combination of morning, afternoon and evening hours.
- Assignments may be any combination of any days of the week including weekends.
- Assignments may be any combination of courses for which instructor is qualified.
Leadership may include, but not be limited to, any of the following:
- Leader and/or membership in department and college-wide committees
- Oversee course scheduling and teaching in one or more major subject areas
- Student advising
- Curricula Development and Evaluation
- Professional Development
- Master's degree in Early Childhood Education or Elementary Education, Educational Psychology, Curriculum and Instruction or ESL with an endorsement in Early Childhood Education.
- 5 years of teaching experience.
- At least one year of experience teaching at a community college.
- Experience with curriculum development.
- Experience teaching online courses.
- Experience teaching and/or working with diverse student and staff populations.
- Experience developing and implementing field trips for undergraduates to local/regional areas of interest.
Starting Salary Range
Initial salary placement is based on educational level and total years of full-time equivalent teaching experience. For example, for an instructor with a Master's degree the salary range would be $46,691 to $58,364 annually. The entire salary range is up to $70,038 annually with a Doctorate and 10 years' experience. A maximum of 10 years of experience will be considered for the initial salary placement purposes.
To be considered for this position, candidates must attach the following documents:
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Academic Transcripts (Applicants who have earned their degrees outside of the United States must have their educational transcripts evaluated by an approved evaluator if their college or university is not listed in the most recent edition of the Higher Education Directory, published by Higher Education Publications, Inc. If you have any questions regarding this, please reach out to the Human Resources, Talent Acquisition & Classification team)
- Contact information for three professional references
Out of Area/State Candidates will not be offered travel reimbursement
NSHE - INTERNAL APPLICANTS PLEASE NOTE
CSN employees or employees within the Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) MUST use the "Find Jobs" process within Workday to find and apply for jobs at CSN and other NSHE Institutions. Once you log into Workday, type "Find Jobs" in the search box which will navigate to the internal job posting site. Locate this specific job posting by typing the requisition number in the search box. If you complete an application outside of the internal application process and apply as an external candidate, your application will no longer be considered at the time of minimum qualification review. In order to prevent the disqualification of your application, you will need to reapply as an internal candidate before 11:59 pm the day prior to the position close date.
Posting Close Date
Note to Applicant
Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience with specific reference to each of the minimum and preferred qualifications. The search committee will use this information during the initial review of application materials.
All document(s) must be received by 11:59 p.m. the day prior to the closing date posted on the job announcement.
This position may require that a criminal background check be conducted on the candidate(s) selected for hire.
As part of the hiring process, applicants for positions in the Nevada System of Higher Education may be required to demonstrate the ability to perform job-related tasks.
Schedules are subject to change based on organizational needs.
CSN is responsive to serving the educational needs of a diverse and ever-changing community. CSN employs only U.S. citizens and aliens authorized to work in the U.S. CSN does not sponsor aliens applying for faculty, professional staff, or management positions (H-1B Visas) in the absence of exceptional circumstances as defined by the USCIS.
To apply, visit https://nshe.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/CSN-External/job/CSN---North-Las-Vegas-Campus/Instructor---Early-Childhood-Education---Fall-2020_R0120165-1
The College of Southern Nevada (CSN) creates opportunities and changes lives through access to quality teaching, services, and experiences that enrich our diverse community. CSN has three main campuses in Las Vegas, North Las Vegas and Henderson and multiple sites and centers.
The Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) is committed to providing a place of work and learning free of discrimination on the basis of a person’s age, disability, whether actual or perceived by others (including service-connected disabilities), gender (including pregnancy related conditions), military status or military obligations, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, race, or religion.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency