Nurse Transplant Coordinator/UKHC
Posting DetailsJob TitleNurse Transplant Coordinator/UKHCRequisition NumberRE25090Working TitleDepartment NameH3420:Transplant ServicesWork LocationLexington, KYGrade Level11Salary Range$25.71-42.94/hourType of PositionStaffPosition Time Status Full-TimeRequired Education
ADNClick here for more information about equivalencies:http://www.uky.edu/hr/employment/working-uk/equivalenciesRequired Related Experience
3 yrsRequired License/Registration/Certification
LICENSED NURSEPhysical Requirements
Sitting or standing for extended periods of time; repetitive motionShift
Days, M-FJob Summary
The Transplant Nurse Coordinator is responsible coordinating new patient referrals, evaluation, listing, and transplant care management of patients. This process will include multi-organ patients as well as single organ patients. Collaborates with all team members to provide individualized, multidisciplinary patient care. Participates in quality improvement efforts in alignment with program, department, and hospital strategic plan. The Transplant Nurse Coordinator is a liaison and initial professional point of contact for providers and patients.Skills / Knowledge / Abilities
Excellent nursing care skills; a “self-starter” mentality; organizational skills; a comprehensive knowledge of other disciplines; the ability to prioritize appropriately; and basic to proficient computer/technical skills, including text processing, spreadsheet manipulation, database processes, and Outlook knowledge and abilities.Does this position have supervisory responsibilities? NoPreferred Education/Experience
Transplant experience and CCTC (Certified Clinical Transplant Coordinator) certification preferred.Deadline to Apply11/09/2020University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you currently licensed as a nurse in the state of Kentucky, or eligible to obtain this license by date of hire?
- * Do you have experience working with transplant patients?
- * Please explain why you are interested in serving transplant patients and their families.
(Open Ended Question)
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare seeks to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent employees, to provide the best experience for every patient, every time. If selected for a position, do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Values of diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork?
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter