Patient Financial Services Rep/UKHC
Posting DetailsJob TitlePatient Financial Services Rep/UKHCRequisition NumberRE24882Working TitlePatient Financial Services RepresentativeDepartment NameH4014:Patient AccountsWork LocationLexington, KYGrade Level07Salary Range$15.26-23.98/hourType of PositionStaffPosition Time Status Full-TimeRequired Education
AAClick here for more information about equivalencies:http://www.uky.edu/hr/employment/working-uk/equivalenciesRequired Related Experience
1 yrRequired License/Registration/Certification
The essential job functions of this position require you to: maintain confidentiality; prioritize and manage work effectively; provide exceptional customer service and positively represent UK Healthcare; ensure work is detailed, accurate and completed in a timely manner; perform work in a sedentary position; interact with individuals from various levels throughout the Enterprise and work successfully in a team as well as independently.Shift
The shift for this position is Monday – Friday 8:00 am – 4:30 pm.Job Summary
Under the direction of the Assistant Director and Follow-up Supervisor, the Patient Financial Services Representative – Collections is responsible for the billing, collection and/or resolution of inpatient and outpatient accounts from governmental, commercial and/or managed care payers.
The representative is expected to be familiar with Hospital and departmental policies and procedures and able to utilize all resources within the Hospital and department to accomplish the assigned job duties. This position will also provide customer service to patients and families to help ensure that UKHC collects sufficient cash necessary to support Healthcare operations, and participate in unit and Enterprise activities to improve efficiency, quality, safety, and patient satisfaction.Skills / Knowledge / Abilities
The ideal candidate will be customer service oriented; possess in-depth HIPAA knowledge; have the ability to multi-task with a strong emphasis on accuracy and attention to detail; proficient in Microsoft Office, to include Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, and Excel; excellent communication skills (both written and verbal); solid time management, critical thinking, follow-through, and planning and organizational skills are all critical to the success in this position and a high level of respect for confidentiality is a must.Does this position have supervisory responsibilities? NoPreferred Education/Experience
Associates degree and 3-4 years of accounting, insurance claims and billing, medical office and/or clerical work preferred. Previous experience working with patient accounts/HIPAA highly preferred.Deadline to Apply11/09/2020University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please describe a time when you provided exceptional customer service and include specific details regarding the situation.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please explain your work-related experience with multitasking and dealing with multiple interruptions.
(Open Ended Question)
- * In the past two years, have you worked or provided follow-up on third-party insurance claims for commercial or Medicaid Managed Care payees/payors?
- * How many years of direct third party insurance follow-up paid work experience do you have?
- More than 0, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years, up through 5 years
- More than 5 years
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare seeks to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent employees, to provide the best experience for every patient, every time. If selected for a position, do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Values of diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork?
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Where did you first see this position advertised?
- UK Jobs Website
- Employee Referral
- Print Advertisement
- Job Fair
- Diverse Issues in Higher Education
- Other On-line/Media Advertisement
- A Colleague, Friend, and/or Family member
- None of the above
- Cover Letter