Posting DetailsPosition TitleAssistant RegistrarPosting Number2020039EPClassification TitleAssistant RegistrarWorking TitleAssistant RegistrarClassification Code1323RCW Exemption Criteria16 - Principal AssistantEWU Position NumberE99853CUPA CodeP-418110 - Assistant RegistrarFLSAExempt - AdministrativeBargaining Unit None% Full Time100Salary / Wage RangeAE - 111Salary Information
$62,522 – $65,000Anticipated Start DateTerm of Appointment12LocationCheneyCountyWashingtonProject DescriptionProject DurationBackground CheckYes - BothResponsible HR UserSaundra GodinResponsible HR User Email [email protected] Summary
Please Note: This position is only open to current, benefit eligible employees of Eastern Washington University.
We are currently seeking skilled and team-oriented applicants for the following position: Assistant Registrar
The Assistant Registrar serves as a member of the professional management team in the office of Records and Registration and will report to the Assistant Vice President of Academic Planning and Registrar. The incumbent provides management and oversight for the following: the academic schedule, grades, enrollment verifications, transcripts, records subpoenas, and data transmittal to National Student Clearinghouse. The incumbent hires, trains and evaluates staff who work primarily with academic scheduling. The incumbent assists the Registrar with providing advice to faculty and staff regarding the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and various other state and federal laws that apply to student records.
The candidate selected for this position will be rewarded with competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package which includes highly subsidized health/dental plans, retirement plan with 100% university match, generous paid vacation and sick leave, 11 paid holidays (adjusted accordingly), tuition waiver benefit and more!
EWU expands opportunities for personal transformation through excellence in learning.
Please Note: This is an internal recruitment open to current benefit eligible Eastern Washington University employees.About Eastern Washington University
Eastern is a regional, comprehensive university located in Cheney, 20 minutes from downtown Spokane. In addition to our primary campus in Cheney, we also offer programs in Spokane’s innovative University-District, plus additional teaching/learning centers located in other cities throughout Washington State. Enrollment has reached over 12,000 students. The Cheney-Spokane area is the heart of the Inland Northwest, with excellent restaurants, theater, shopping, skiing, hiking, lakes, a choice of living in a medium-sized city or a small town, and high quality schools and housing.Diversity Statement
EWU does not discriminate in its programs and activities on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship or immigration status, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, genetic information, age, marital status, families with children, protected veteran or military status, HIV or hepatitis C, status as a mother breastfeeding her child, or the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability or the use of a trained guide dog or service animal by a person with a disability, as provided for and to the extent required by state and federal laws.Conditions of Employment
This position, during the course of university employment will be involved in the receipt of, or accountability for, university funds or other items of value, as well as the unsupervised access with the developmentally disabled, vulnerable adults or children under the age of 16. The offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion and passing of a background check prior to beginning employment.Physical Demands
Optional: Contact Saundra Godin in Human Resource Services at [email protected] to obtain a copy of the Essential Functions Analysis which will describe conditions of employment, such as physical demands.Pre-Placement Physical NoHearing Test NoMedical Monitoring Post Hire NoProtective Equipment
None anticipatedRequired Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree;
- Minimum of two (2) years of progressive experience in a Registrar’s office, student services, or related field(s);
- Experience supervising staff in a Registrar’s office or similar office environment;
- Experience working with a student management system to include data input, data maintenance, and date extract;
- Demonstrated ability to manage programs from planning through implementation to completion;
- Demonstrated experience working with various databases and software programs;
- Demonstrated experience with data management and records retention;
- Experience with systems design and implementation including requirements gathering and documentation;
- Ability to apply effective interpersonal communication skills to interact with staff, faculty, administrators, students, and outside agencies in a diplomatic and positive manner, including resolving difficult situations and conflict resolution;
- Ability to apply analytical, interpretive, evaluative, and logical reasoning;
- Ability to independently initiate solutions, take responsibility, exercise judgement, and perform research with little or no direction from supervisors;
- Ability to apply technical knowledge;
- Knowledge of federal student records privacy laws;
- Candidate must demonstrate interest, ability and/or experience promoting cultural competency, universal accessibility, and/or diversity.
- Master’s degree;
- Experience working with Ellucian Banner, Leepfrog software suite, National Student Clearinghouse, and document imaging software.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple responsibilities concurrently, pay attention to detail and produce desired results;
- Ability to work independently and as a member of an integrated team;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pmPosting Date10/26/2020Open Until Further NoticeNoClosing Date11/02/2020Screening to Begin11/03/2020Special Instructions to Applicants
It is strongly recommended that you print a copy of these instructions and the position posting before you begin to complete the online application, as the instructions will not be viewable once you begin the application process.
Required documentation includes all of the items listed below.
1. Attach a detailed cover letter in which you explain how you meet each of the required qualifications [and preferred qualifications, if applicable]. It is preferred that you provide that information in a bulleted list or within a table within your cover letter.
2. Attach a chronological resume including work history and major duties, education, and any specialized training or skills related to the position. Please list at least 3 professional references including: names, titles, organization name, phone numbers, email addresses, and connection to you (these can be identical to the references listed on the application).
3.Complete the online application form and respond to the online questions, if applicable.
4. Applicant Certification – please download the Certification form (link is provided in the next field); then complete and sign the form, and upload it to this link.
5. Diversity Response – As an equal opportunity employer with a multicultural staff and student population, we are interested in how your qualifications prepare you to work with diverse faculty, staff, and student populations representing various cultures and backgrounds that may be different from your own. You will be asked to attach a diversity response as part of the online application process: Please describe how you will apply an approach that is supportive to the diverse needs, including universal access, of our students, faculty, staff, and the public.
Pursuant to RCW 28B.112.080, applicants for employment at any Washington State institution of higher education, are required to provide a signed statement verifying information about their history of prior sexual misconduct and providing authorization for current and previous employers to disclose relevant records to Eastern Washington University.
All applicants are required to download the statement linked below, complete and sign it, and then attach the signed statement as part of their job application: Required Applicant Certification.
Attach the completed and signed certification to the document link called Applicant Certification.
Establish, supervise and maintain the academic schedule
- Manages the processes to administer, facilitate the term editing, and creation of the academic schedule.
- Supervises workflow creation process including the assignment of authors and roles to specific screens within the scheduling system using critical analysis of required governance and approval structure.
- Ensures department schedules comply with University guidelines, policies and standards. This includes accreditation and federal aid requirements such as credit hour definitions and section timelines.
- Provides section scheduling expertise and feedback to campus partners and internal/external stakeholders on functional and technical aspects of CourseLeaf Section Scheduler (CLSS). This includes monitoring of outstanding workflows to ensure minimal administrative turnaround and timely delivery of section offerings to students and faculty.
- Responsible for accurate and timely coding of section information into Student Information System, Banner.
- Manage schedule of classes calendar including non-traditional section offerings, specific term extension dates, and unique summer session calendar and all other specialize term offerings to ensure compliance with the Department of Education.
- Administer and coordinate scheduling presentations for CLSS, Banner Student Information System, 25Live- room and event scheduling tool.
- Create and maintain training schedule for CLSS and 25Live Pro to ensure compliance and access by users.
- Development and maintenance of the academic scheduling website resources, for use by faculty and staff.
- Runs and maintains the grading processes in Banner.
- Works with departments to finalize the grading process for all parts of term.
- Oversees the grade change workflow.
- Oversees enrollment verifications.
- Works with the Public Records officer to manage and compile student records for public records requests and subpoenas.
- Leads the transcript processing operations including troubleshooting with various stakeholders on technical issues.
Management and Supervision
- Supervises staff who primarily work with the academic schedule including hiring, training, evaluation and professional development.
- Approves time sheets and oversees any disciplinary action of direct report staff
- Develops and maintains position descriptions, performance expectations, and applicable policies and procedures.
- Conduct performance evaluations for staff
- Assists in overall office management, maintains knowledge of all office procedures and policies.
- Work on commencement duties as assigned.
- Serves on various committees as needed.
- Collaborates with Financial Aid, Facilities Services, Instructional Technology, academic departments, as well as other essential partners to ensure that scheduling tools (CourseLeaf CLSS, 25Live, and Banner) are meeting the needs of the university.
- Acts as liaison to software vendors to ensure technical and functional tool specifications are met for CourseLeaf CLSS, 25Live, and Banner.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a current EWU benefits-eligible employee?
- Cover Letter
- Applicant Certification
- Diversity Response
- DD214 Form
- Other Document #1