Academic Programs Officer I - Program Coordinator, Doctoring Program (College of Medicine-Phoenix)
The University of Arizona College of Medicine – Phoenixanchors the 28-acre Phoenix Biomedical Campus in the heart of the Valley of theSun. The College inspires and trains individuals to become exemplaryphysicians, scientists and leaders who are life-long learners and inquisitivescholars. We embrace professionalism, innovation and collaboration to optimizehealth and health care for all. The Phoenix Biomedical Campus embodies theUniversity’s priorities of engagement, partnership, innovation, and synergy inits world-class academic and research initiatives, with clinical facilitiesthroughout Greater Phoenix. The campus also houses the UA Colleges of PublicHealth, Pharmacy, and Nursing, as well as Northern Arizona University’s Collegeof Health and Human Services, the Translational Genomics Research Institute(TGen) and the International Genomics Consortium.
Outstanding UAbenefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance anddisability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAUtuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; stateretirement plan; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
Duties & Responsibilities
Asa cost-saving measure related to the impact of COVID-19, Furlough andFurlough-Based Salary Programs have been approved by the Arizona Board ofRegents. All new hires subject to the programs will be notified in accordancewith adopted Furlough and Furlough-Based Salary Programs guidelines and will berequired to comply with all measures. To learn more about the programs andwhether this position is affected, please visithr.arizona.edu/FY-2020-2021-Furlough-Program.
- Develops and schedules program work plan in accordance with specifications and funding limitations; oversees daily operations and coordinates activities of program; determines priorities.
- Confers with and advises staff, students and others to provide technical advice, problem solving assistance, answers to questions and program goals and policy interpretation; refers to appropriate department person when unable to respond.
- Coordinates activities of program with interrelated activities of other programs, departments or staff to ensure optimum efficiency and compliance with appropriate policies, procedures and specifications.
- Develops and facilitates workshops, meetings or conferences; coordinates logistics, scheduling and participant communications.
- Interacts and maintains liaison with students, faculty, staff and outside/community agencies in facilitating program objectives.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Up to 1 year of relevant work experience may be required.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through experience required.
• Experience using LearningSpace.
• Experience in higher education.
The ideal candidate will also have the following Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• High degree of accuracy with attention to detail.
• Proven ability to effectively prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
• Proven ability to stay self-motivated and work independently as a team member.
• Proven ability to work with different internal and external clients including: physicians, staff and students.
• Excellent customer service, interpersonal, and oral and written communication skills.
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and web based software.
• Knowledge of operation of standard computer, headphones, audio-visual equipment, etc.
• Problem solving and decision making skills..
• Flexible and adaptable, able to perform multiple activities in a dynamic environment that can have changing priorities and frequent interruptions.FLSAExempt Full Time/Part TimeFull TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week40 Job FTE1.0Work CalendarFiscalJob CategoryAcademic AdministrationBenefits EligibleYes - Full Benefits Rate of Pay$42,007 - $58,343 Annually, Depending on ExperienceCompensation Typesalary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE) Grade7 Career Stream and LevelPC1Job FamilyAcademic Program Mgmt Job FunctionAcademic Administration Type of criminal background check required:Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive) Number of Vacancies1 Target Hire Date12/13/2020 Expected End Date Contact Information for Candidates
College of Medicine-Phoenix, Office of Human Resources
Application: The online application should be completed in its entirety. Blank or missed information may be considered an incomplete submission.
Letter of Interest: Should clearly indicate how your skills and professional employment experience meet the Minimum and the Preferred qualifications (if applicable).
The University of Arizona has currently adopted a remote working environment in accordance with guidelines recommended by the CDC. Until further notice, interviews for this position will be conducted remotely.Diversity StatementAt the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.