School of DanceDepartment Website Link:
Tucson, AZ USAPosition Highlights:
This is a unique opportunity for a seasoned professional educator in ballet, modern/contemporary dance, and jazz to teach dance majors in one of the top dance programs in the country. The dance program offers a BFA and MFA in Dance, with emphasis on both performance and choreography.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, vision, life insurance and disability programs; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocation services, please click here.
As a cost-saving measure related to the impact of COVID-19, Furlough and Furlough-Based Salary Programs have been approved by the Arizona Board of Regents. All new hires subject to the programs will be notified in accordance with adopted Furlough and Furlough-Based Salary Programs guidelines and will be required to comply with all measures. To learn more about the programs and whether this position is affected, please visit hr.arizona.edu/FY-2020-2021-Furlough-Program.Duties & Responsibilities:
- Teach all levels of studio courses in ballet, modern, and jazz dance techniques.
- Teach other studio dance forms and dance academic courses as needed.
- Participate in the active performance obligations of the School as choreographer and/or dancer.
- Mentor undergraduate and graduate students.
- Demonstrate ability to choreograph new work.
- Demonstrate interest in contributing to dance related academic courses at the graduate and undergraduate levels.
- Demonstrate ability to teach choreography/composition at the undergraduate and graduate levels.
- Demonstrate knowledge of how to effectively utilize technology.
- MFA in Dance.
- Extensive experience in the field of Dance with a minimum of five years in the profession.
- Three to four years teaching experience at the university and/or professional level in ballet, modern, and jazz dance technique.
ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Full TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
Arts and Creative ServicesBenefits Eligible:
Yes - Limited BenefitsRate of Pay:
salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)Type of criminal background check required::
Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)Number of Vacancies:
1Target Hire Date:
Expected End Date:
5/23/2021Contact Information for Candidates:
Business Manager, Sr.
10/28/2020Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Curriculum Vitae (CV) and Cover LetterSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.