Program Manager – PD HUB
Under the direction of the pd|hub Principal Investigator or designee, the Program Manager for the Professional Development Hub (pd|hub) will oversee project management, communications, relationship management, fundraising, and sustainability for multiple programs, and contribute to strategic thinking for program development and evolution.Responsibilities
- Coordinate activities of pd|hub, managing day-to-day logistics and operations
- Document and maintain timelines and milestones
- Create project reports for stakeholders
- Ensure that project development and completion is timely, successful, and meets expectations
- Oversee and manage pd/hub event logistics
- Assist in strategic planning for the growth and sustainability of pd|hub projects
- Perform background research and landscape analyses
- Anticipate and mitigate program opportunities and risks related to deliverables and program growth
- Manage and support working groups, committees, and advisory board(s)
- Develop and maintain relationships and correspondence with key partners and stakeholders, including leaders in the public and private sector, to advance pd|hub goals
- Develop internal tracking systems
- Plan events, including project workshops, presentations, and community discussions
- Represent pd|hub on committees and at external meetings and conferences
- Respond to external inquiries
- Strategize and coordinate pd|hub communications, dissemination and outreach, including joint communications with stakeholders
- Develop and maintain communication materials, including pd|hub newsletters, marketing materials, website content, and social media
- Develop and draft white papers, grants, business proposals, and fundraising materials
- Performs other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific discipline, education, business, leadership, communication, or a related degree or equivalent experience.
- 5-7 years of related experience.
- Demonstrated skills managing multi-year projects.
- Demonstrated skills working with and/or guiding individuals, teams, and volunteers.
- Strong writing skills, including a variety of communications from social media and marketing materials to reports, white papers, and grant proposals.
- Experience managing and developing communications strategies.
- Knowledge of higher education.
- PhD preferred in a STEM discipline along with at least one year of policy/administrative experience.
- Experience working in an early-stage organization, office, or initiative.
- Ability to travel for meetings, conferences, etc.