Associate, Technical Support
Work requires entry-level skills in various systems and end user support, referring more complex work/issues to higher level staff. Provide technical support with installation and maintenance of college information technology systems through development, testing, monitoring systems and providing end user support. Perform technical duties to install, troubleshoot, and maintain information technology systems encompassing various platforms and applications.Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities (include, but not limited to)
- Assist end users with the installation, configuration, and ongoing usability of desktop computers, peripheral equipment, and software.
- Troubleshoot basic network, hardware and/or software incidences and provide proper resolution.
- Support end users in the installation of computer software and ensure compatibility with the computer system and network configurations; assist end users in the basic operation of College supported software.
- Assist end users by answering basic questions regarding computer operations, driver installations, password and security problems, printers, and any other technology problems. Refer more complex issues to higher level staff.
- Provide basic root cause investigation and document resolutions for incidents and problems using knowledge base and/or Internet resources.
- Develop and maintain incident tracking records for resolution and documentation; create and document technical knowledge articles for support and tracking.
- Inspect, troubleshoot, clean, adjust and repair computer equipment.
- Provide back-up support for Information Technology Services operations, as required.
- Keep current in the technical field with Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) practices and any training needed for support of various platforms or systems.
- Participate in and contribute to assignments and special projects of a similar nature and level.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Basic knowledge of computer operating systems and software such as Windows and Microsoft Office Suite
- Basic knowledge of the Internet and local area networks to identify and resolve technical issues and/or problems; general knowledge of networking
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair basic technical hardware, software, and peripheral issues and/or problems
- Ability to perform basic technical maintenance
- Ability to learn new operations, set priorities, and work effectively under pressure
- Ability to assist end users with various technical issues
- Ability to analyze and resolve basic technical problems/challenges
- Ability to follow detailed directions, prioritize and organize work, and complete tasks
- Ability to exercise sound judgment, including appropriate handling of confidential matters
- Ability to communicate and work effectively independently and in a team environment with staff, students, and vendors
- Associate Degree in a specialized area of Information Technology or two years of post-secondary education or technical training related to computer configuration, support, or repair
- One year of related work experience
The Associate,Technical Support position is part of the department of Information Technology Service and is available by December 1, 2020. This position would provide support for WCTC Staff, Faculty, and Students.
WCTC has two openings for the Associate, Technical Support position, both at the Pewaukee campus.
The positions are a fulltime, 40/hour per week position with OT as needed. The typical schedule will be 10:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. (Monday through Thursday), and 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (Fridays) with occasional weekend hours depending on the events and college needs.
All candidates both (internal and external) must attach the following to the completed online application. (Applications that do not have the required attachments will not be considered.)
3. Proof of Education (copy of diploma or official/unofficial transcripts)
Selected candidates will be invited to complete a hands-on assessment the week of November 9, 2020. The assessment is expected to be administered onsite at the Pewaukee campus.
Final candidates will be invited to interview on November 18, 2020 via Zoom.