Bed Assignment Clerk/UKHC
Posting DetailsJob TitleBed Assignment Clerk/UKHCRequisition NumberRE25063Working TitleBed Assignment ClerkDepartment NameH3280:Command CenterWork LocationLexington, KYGrade Level06Salary Range$13.58-21.83/hourType of PositionStaffPosition Time Status Full-TimeRequired Education
HSClick here for more information about equivalencies:http://www.uky.edu/hr/employment/working-uk/equivalenciesRequired Related Experience
3 yrsRequired License/Registration/Certification
The physical requirements for this position include regularly sitting at a computer workstation for extended periods of time with repetitive motion (such as typing); walking including pushing, pulling and/or lifting up to 10lbs and occasional pushing, pulling and/or lifting objects up to 50lbs. The conditions of work may involve regular exposure to loud noises, intermittent exposure to blood borne/airborne pathogens and combative/violent people, and occasional exposure to cuts and punctures.Shift
Day shift with weekends and holidays as needed by department.Job Summary
The Capacity Command Center was created to integrate and coordinate the activities of all units involved in the admission, throughput, and discharge of UKHC patients. An essential function of this position is to maintain the control center for all patient rooms, including coordinating the rooming process and all patient admissions in conjunction with medical, nursing, and clerical staff, as well as the hospital operations administrator and environmental services department. This position also includes patient registration and basic reception desk duties. Other responsibilities include coordinating autopsies and processing the release of deceased patients; hospital transfers; supporting the admitting nurse; lost and found coverage; securing proper signatures for all state and federal forms; report distribution; and the discharge or transfer of patients.Skills / Knowledge / Abilities
The ideal candidate for this position will have a strong customer service background; extensive clerical skills and knowledge, including the ability to successfully multi-task; and excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.Does this position have supervisory responsibilities? NoPreferred Education/Experience
At least three full years of paid customer service experience and prior patient registration experience preferred.Deadline to Apply11/01/2020University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have experience with the UK Hospital's PM, Registration and APM systems?
- * Describe your work experience providing customer service in a fast-paced work environment.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Which statement most adequately describes your analytical skills?
- Very Limited. Information for analysis comes from other sources.
- Moderate. Develops means of collecting data and receives data from other sources.
- Extensive. Hands on. Coordinates, computes, and monitors all areas of the information being sought.
- * How much direct experience do you have using a computer (e.g. keyboarding, data entry, and e-mail)?
- More than 0, up through 2 years
- More than 2 years, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years, up through 5 years
- More than 5 years
- * Describe a situation in which you collaborated with individuals outside of your department to accomplish work objectives.
(Open Ended Question)
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare seeks to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent employees, to provide the best experience for every patient, every time. If selected for a position, do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Values of diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork?
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (hercjobs.org)
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above