Account Clerk III
Posting DetailsJob TitleAccount Clerk IIIRequisition NumberRE25069Working TitleDepartment Name7A050: DENTISTRY - BUSINESS & SUPPORT SERVICESWork LocationLexington, KYGrade Level39Salary Range$12.91-20.02/hourType of PositionStaffPosition Time Status Full-TimeRequired Education
AAClick here for more information about equivalencies:http://www.uky.edu/hr/employment/working-uk/equivalenciesRequired Related Experience
3 yrsRequired License/Registration/Certification
Working at a computer for extended periods of time.Shift
Monday – Friday Day Shift.Job Summary
The person in this position will maintain insurance A/R and follow up, work denials and EOBs for these insurances. The successful candidate will communicate pertinent information regarding billing or claim requirements for the insurance to staff. The person in this position will post patient and insurance payments received over the phone, online, or via ACH, EFT, or physical check.Skills / Knowledge / Abilities
Analytics, leadership, organization, understanding insurance EOBs, attention to detail, excellent communication skills, teamwork, consistency, initiativeDoes this position have supervisory responsibilities? NoPreferred Education/Experience
Prefer experience with billing and collections in a medical and/or dental practice with multiple providers; monitoring and resolving issues on patient accounts; and must have proven experience working with vendors and internal and external customers in a positive and professional manner.
The ideal candidate will have account reconciliation experience in a medical or dental clinic. Individual must enjoy working with accounts and details on a daily basis, while identifying and researching issues to completion. In addition, mush have proven experience with the following skills: organization, accuracy, time management and customer serviceDeadline to Apply11/01/2020University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How many years of healthcare insurance or billing experience do you have?
- More than 1, up through 2 years
- More than 2, up through 3 years
- More than 3, up through 4 years
- More than 4, up through 5 years
- More than 5 or more
- * Please describe your typing/keyboard skills. Include your accuracy and the number of words per minute.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please describe the most difficult accounts receivable issue you were directly responsible for resolving in your paid work experience. Include specific details regarding the issue and the steps you took to resolve it.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter