Lynn University is an innovative, global and personalized college based in Boca Raton, Florida. Our 3,000 students are from approximately 100 countries. Our NCAA Division II Fighting Knights athletics program has won 25 national championships (and counting!)
The Chronicle of Higher Education consistently recognizes us as a "Great College to Work For" with high scores in compensation and benefits; work/life balance; job satisfaction; respect and appreciation, and more.
As a Lynn employee, you will help us build a better world with our students. Lynn is currently accepting applications for the position of Administrative Assistant.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Providing clerical and administrative support to the Dean of Students
- Purchasing of office supplies through WB Mason, Purchasing Dept. and Online suppliers for Division of Student Affairs
- Assist with student orientation
- Maintaining Dean of Students calendar of appointments
- Handle majority of general student enquiries to Dean of Students Office
- Meet with and advise students regarding their situation and options, maintain log of students contacting Dean of Students office and noting issues and resolutions.
- Taking notes and documenting student meetings with Dean of students
- Speak with and advise parents as required
- Handle paperwork and notifications for:
- Student absences
- Reenrollment requests
- Student records, ie. Transfer forms, disciplinary and good standing requests, General Counsel records requests, US Government Investigative requests and Florida Bar information requests.
- Screen calls to Dean of Students in an effort to handle situations or provide Dean with relevant information.
- Ensure students receive pertinent documentation in respect to the Conduct Appeal process in a very timely manner.
- Other duties as assigned, ie. COVID Case Management and Response
- Maintain strict confidentiality
- Liaise constantly with multiple departments to collect necessary information and data as required
- Assist with Commencement
- Prepare information for Dashboards on Leave of Absences and Reenrollments and Conduct Appeals
- Attend weekly ALERT meetings, take minutes and follow up as necessary
- Retrieve student information and run required grade reports from Jenzabar
- Check student attendance reports
- Associate's degree and two years of related experience.
- Ability to multi-task and remain organized.
- Ability to utilize Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Publisher, and Outlook programs without assistance.
- Ability to learn and use other computer programs as necessary.
Accreditation and equal opportunity
Lynn University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, pregnancy, parenting status, veteran status or retirement status in its activities and programs. In accordance with Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Lynn University does not discriminate on the basis of sex. Inquiries concerning the application of the non-discrimination policy may be directed to the Lynn University Compliance Officer/Title IX Coordinator at 3601 N. Military Trail, Boca Raton, FL 33431, [email protected], or +1 561-237-7727; or to the U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights.
Lynn University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award baccalaureate, master's and doctoral degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call +1 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Lynn University. 2020 Lynn University
Americans with Disabilities Act
Please notify us at least five days in advance if a reasonable accommodation for a disability is needed by calling +1 561-237-7639.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with the Clery Act, the University annually provides a report to each student and current employee, as well as to prospective employees and students, that provides a detailed disclosure of information regarding campus security practices (including Emergency Response Plan, Timely Warnings, Emergency Warnings, Missing Persons, fire safety policies, fire prevention data, and Crime Log policies), as well as crime and fire-related incident statistics for the preceding year. The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at lynn.edu/securityreport
For your health, Lynn University is now smoke- and tobacco-free.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.