Duke Connected Care, a community-based, physician-led network, includes a group of doctors, hospitals and other healthcare providers who work together to deliver high-quality care to Medicare Fee-for-Service patients in Durham and itssurrounding areas.
Job Code - 5000
Job Family - 28 Band - D2
This position reports to the Finance Manager for Duke Integrated Network (DIN) and is responsible for performing the accounting duties involved in compiling, analyzing and reporting the financial and contractual performance of DIN.
Month End Close:
- Journal Entries - Prepare monthly general and standard journal entries as well as any additional journal entries required for the recognition of revenues and expenses in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). (15%)
- Reconciliation - Responsible for timely reconciliation of specific financial statement accounts for and following up on items with missing receipts or incomplete documentation. (15%)
- Accounts Payable / Purchasing: Responsible for timely and accurate processing of AP check requests, JVs, purchase orders, invoices for payment, and travel/miscellaneous reimbursements for department faculty and staff. This includes tracking and follow up to insure payments are processed and resolving issues when they arise. This also includes understanding the supporting contracts / statements of work and budgeted cost allocations to ensure proper accrual / allocation of costs to the proper Payor population cost center. (30%)
- Procurement Card Transactions - Responsible for timely and accurate processing of corporate card receipts, payments and required documentation. Follow up with cardholders when receipts are not received within 1 week of purchase or when prior approval is not attached; and insure collection and coding of receipts for monthly clearing of all transactions. (10%)
- Assist with communicating with DIN personnel, other Duke entities, as well as non-Duke entities regarding issues relating to financial and contractual information. (5%)
- Assist with the development and implementation of DIN financial protocols/procedures. Manage use and implementation of Duke-required financial online systems/software (i.e., [email protected], Concur, etc). (5%)
Billing / Revenues:
- Responsible for creation and disbursement of invoices to outside entities for services provided by the DIN as well as posting incoming payments and following up on outstanding invoices. Be proficient in Microsoft Access in order to maintain and update DIN AR database to accurately track unpaid invoices. (15%)
- Prepare monthly and ad hoc reports as required to support month end reporting and the creation of the fiscal year budget.
Perform other related duties incidental to the work described hereinThe above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification.
This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Basic Understanding of Accounting
- Month End Close
- Procurement Card and Travel Reimbursement
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Access
- Adobe Acrobat Pro
Work generally requires a bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business or a directly related field.
Work requires one year of experience in an accounting setting to become familiar with the accepted accounting practices involved in monitoring financial systems andresolving complex accounts. OR ANY OTHER EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Degrees, Licensures, Certifications
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.