Ad-Interim Instructor Mathematics
Job location: Commerce TAMUC
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2020-10-23
Job TitleAd-Interim Instructor MathematicsAgencyTexas A&M University - CommerceDepartmentMathematicsProposed Minimum SalaryCommensurateJob LocationCommerce, TexasJob TypeFacultyJob Description
The Department of Mathematics at Texas A&M University-Commerce is seeking an Ad-Interim Instructor for a 4.5-month temporary non-tenure track position for the Spring 2021 semester only. The position is responsible for teaching undergraduate classes in the area specified below and providing service. The total salary for this 4.5 month position will be $24,000. This position will end May 31, 2021.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Teach five classes of the first-year math and undergraduate level courses in math per semester;
- Maintain office hours;
- Advise students;
- Work collaboratively with faculty and staff to implement departmental programs;
- Provide service to the department, college, university and public schools, and community; and
- Maintain knowledge and stay abreast of current trends in learning with research, best practices in teaching, and technological applications in the classroom, including online teaching.
- Education: A Master’s degree in Mathematics
- Experience / Knowledge / Skills: Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively with a team of professionals. Good written and oral communication skills. Commitment to high quality teaching. Dedication to high standards and student success.
- Ability to: Multi-task and work well as part of a team.
- Licensing/Professional Certifications:
- Physical Requirements:
- Other Requirements:
PREFERRED EDUCATION / SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE:
Ph.D. in math or in math education, university level teaching experience, online teaching experience, evidence of teaching excellence, experience working with culturally diverse populations.
SUPERVISION OF OTHERS:
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.