Bioinformatics Research Associate
Bioinformatics Research AssociateDivision:
Coll of Computing&Informatics (Col)Work Unit:
Bioinformatics Research CenterWork Location:
BioinformaticsVacancy Open To:
All CandidatesPosition Designation:
Non-Student TemporaryEmployment Type:
Temporary - Part-timeHours per week:
Monday – Friday, 8am – 5pmPay Rate:
$30-$40 per hour depending on experienceMinimum Experience/Education:
BS in Computer science or related fieldDepartmental Preferred Experience, Skills, Training/Education::
- Design, develop, and implement efficient databases for storing large datasets.
- Knowledge of genetics, DNA sequencing and other omics technologies, GENBANK, full stack applications.
- You will design and implement workflows in various languages and frameworks that include: R, Java, python, and React.js.
- However you will be flexible to learn new things as new projects demand new languages and frameworks.
- Work closely with other developers and students to write clean, efficient, code for data modeling, scraping, storage, and retrieval.
- Collaborate with people from various scientific backgrounds to solve common problems pertaining to their research.
*document code and store in approved repositoriesOther Work/Responsibilities:
- To work with other team members collaboratively to test, check and improve software and use cases.
- Produce reports in any format.
- as you build confidence, perform live demos.
*amplify the work in social media and university websites with appropriate style and contentProposed Hire Date:
09/08/2020Expected Length of Assignment:
11 monthsPosting Open Date:
09/03/2020Posting Close Date:
12/20/2020Special Notes to Applicants:
- Please submit a resume and cover letter with your application. These documents will be used to evaluate your written communication skills as well as supporting documents of your knowledge, skills, abilities, education and professional experience.
- Please ensure your full range of knowledge, skills, abilities, experience and education are listed on your application. Do not write ‘see resume’ on your application when completing the job duties section.
- Part-time temporary positions do not offer leave accrual (paid time off), or retirement entitlement (state service) benefits. However, full-time temporary employees are eligible to participate in a High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP).