Assistant Professor of Nursing - Tenure Track
Posting DetailsPosition TitleAssistant Professor of Nursing - Tenure TrackPosting NumberFac00453Employment TypeFull-TimeBenefits AvailableYesNature of Work
The Assistant Professor of Nursing assumes responsibility for classroom, laboratory, and clinical instruction as well as teaching, advising, scholarship, and service requirements within the ANS/BSN programs. This is an academic year position with a tenure-track appointment.Essential Duties
•Teaching in ASN, BSN or RN-to-BSN programs
•Use student-centered teaching/learning strategies
•Supervise nursing students in the clinical setting
•Conduct regular office hours
•Participate in advising students
•Participate in Service-Learning activities
•Participate in assessment and scholarship activities
•Serve on college and school committees
•Use active/applied learning strategies when teaching
•Must have a Doctoral degree in Nursing and be eligible for a Georgia Nursing License.
•Must have recent clinical experience in the area so Medical-Surgical and/or critical care nursing.
•Candidate should exhibit expertise in clinical practice, education, and have the ability and desire to teach in creative and innovative pre-licensure ASN, BSN and RN-to-BSN (online) completion programs.
•Candidate must have a commitment to Service-Learning, student-centered learning/teaching methods, and assessment
•Preferred experience instructing Pathophysiology and Pharmacology, and clinical in the area of Medical-Surgical nursing.
•The ability and commitment to use technology and web-based teaching is also preferred
The College of Coastal Georgia is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College supports equal employment opportunities for all persons without regard to race, color, creed, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, gender, national origin, status as a war veteran, age, disability, or any other status protected by law.
Based on the University system of Georgia’s policy, official sealed transcripts must be provided upon offer and acceptance of all Faculty positions.
College of Coastal Georgia is an undergraduate college in the University System of Georgia. Located on Georgia’s coast, the College campus is in Brunswick with additional outreach through the Camden Center in Kingsland. The vision of the College is to be a college of choice for students within Georgia and beyond, providing an outstanding education for tomorrow’s leaders and citizens through service-learning, global awareness and engaged entrepreneurship. With a strong emphasis on student retention, progression and timely graduation, the College offers baccalaureate degrees in American Studies, Biological Sciences, Business Administration, Criminal Justice, Education, French, Health Informatics, Interdisciplinary Studies, Mathematics, Nursing (BSN), Psychology, Public Management, Spanish, and Workforce Management and Leadership, as well as career associate degrees in Culinary Arts, Hospitality Management, Nursing (ASN) and Radiologic Science. A veterans-friendly campus, the College is a designated Yellow Ribbon School. Approximately 3,000 students are served by more than 200 staff members and a teaching faculty of whom 52% hold doctoral degrees. CCGA is an active participant in the Complete College Georgia initiative designed to support community partnerships and develop the critical thinking, problem-solving and communication skills necessary to address the challenges of 21st century economic development and community wellbeing. For more information, visit the College website: http://www.ccga.eduOpen Date10/23/2020Close DateOpen Until FilledYesPosting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you first learn of this job opening?
- Brunswick News
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Coastal CareerLink
- College of Coastal Georgia website (www.ccga.edu)
- Current/Former College Employee
- Personal Referral
- University System Applicant Clearinghouse
- Georgia Department of Labor
- * Are you currently employed by this College? If yes, enter the department name. If no, enter "No".
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you legally eligible for employment in the United States?
- * Will you now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status?
- * Do you have instructional design and online teaching experience?
- * Do you hold a current RN license in Georgia?
- * What will your highest level of education be as of the anticipated start date?
- High School Diploma
- Associate Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- Doctoral Degree
- * Has any licensing authority in Georgia or any other jurisdiction ever refused to issue you a license or ever revoked, annulled, cancelled, accepted surrender of, suspended, placed on probation, refused to renew a professional license, certificate or multi-state privilege held by you now or previously, or ever fined, censured, reprimanded or otherwise disciplined you?
- * Are you currently under investigation or is a disciplinary action pending against your nursing license or any other license or certification that you hold in any state or territory of the United States?
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Transcripts 1
- Service Learning Philosophy
- Teaching Philosophy
- Transcripts 2
- Transcripts 3
- Other Documents
- Other Documents 1