Admission Counselor, Regional and Online Campus (ROC)
Admission Counselor, Regional and Online Campus (ROC)Position Type:
100%Job Description Summary:
The Regional and Online Campus (ROC) Admission Counselor is responsible for new student recruitment and admission goals for students to the University of LaVerne. This position reports directly to the Director of Regional and Online Campus (ROC) Admission and works collaboratively with all campus staff and faculty to achieve enrollment goals; this position is expected to closely coordinate activities with Enrollment Management especially on recruiting strategies, processes, and metrics for success.
The University of La Verne is a private not-for-profit university founded in 1891 located in La Verne, California. The core values that we live by are Ethical Reasoning, Diversity and Inclusivity, Lifelong Learning, and Community and Civic Engagement.
If you’re passionate about these values, join us at the University of La Verne!Specific Duties:
Recruit New Students:
Generate new leads for designated programs, populations and locations for the University of LaVerne by conducting the following:
- Conduct on-site/virtual information sessions at educational institutions, community colleges, community based organizations, businesses and other appropriate sites.
- Build and maintain partner relationships with community colleges, educational institutions, stakeholders and community-based organizations, businesses, and other appropriate sites.
- Represent the University at events on and off campus, conferences, fairs, networking mixers, and other appropriate events to generate leads resulting in applications and enrolled students.
- Participate and lead on-campus and virtual information sessions, during the work day, evenings and weekends as designated by Enrollment Management.
- Establish relationships with prospective students and stakeholders by providing accurate admission, program and campus information.
- Plan and participate in admitted student events and other yield opportunities during the day, in the evening, and on weekends where appropriate.
- Counsel students on appropriate steps between admission and enrollment. Must have a good understanding of degree curriculum, learning outcomes and expectations, including basic knowledge of financial aid, and other onboarding processes.
Track & follow-up with all leads in the form of RFIs, RSVPs, walk-ins or referrals through personal contact and CRM system. Work to convert prospective students to applicants with complete files and ultimately enrolled students. Respond to the leads:
- Contact new leads within 24 hours, to include RFI, applicants, walk-ins, and other populations as designated by supervisor. Work closely with prospective students and applicants through the admissions process via telephone, email, virtual, and personal contact throughout the course of the admission cycle.
- Monitor inquiries, application counts, admission status and registration of all prospective and incoming students.
- Follow up with all incomplete applications from previous terms in a timely manner to encourage completion of application for a future term.
- Counsel individuals and famlies as appropriate, in an appointment setting about the university.
- Gain proficient use of CRM and other recruitment tools and systems.
- Perform data searches about indivdual applicants and use queries so that data driven decisions can be made about recruitment practices. Develop and monitor statistical reports to enhance recruitment strategies, yield management, forecasting, and operational efficiency.
- Respond to all emails and phone calls within a business day, keeping consistant communication with supervisor when response time increases beyond the expectation.
- Work collaboratively with campus team to meet enrollment goals for the Universtiy of La Verne.
- Work with the appropriate enrollment and academic program leadership in coordinating new student onboarding activities, in conjunction with campus advisors, to ensure proper academic advising and onboarding.
- Work collaboratively with fellow teammates to support the needs of the unit and meet and exceed enrollment goals.
- Work with appropriate stakeholders (including academic leadership and partners) and Admission Operations to coordinate and monitor the workflow for timely and accurate processing of admission applications through matriculation.
- Stay educated on admission trends and best practices and contribute to the team by suggesting new ideas for marketing, programs or other relevant activities. Work with Enrollment Management Leadership to identify marketing opportunities.
- Submit deliverables to enrollment leadership by stated deadlines.
- Work in partnership with recruitment communication and marketing plans and strategies.
- Achieve a high level of proficiency in products relevant to recruitment including but not limited to: Microsoft power point, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft word, WebEx and Slate
- Be a culturally competent employee who attends/completes mandatory diversity and inclusivity trainings as provided by the university.
- All other duties as assigned by Enrollment Management Leadership
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 1 year of experience in recruitment and marketing
- Strong customer service skills
- Understanding of admission process and best practices
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Commitment to diversity and inclusivity
Salary will be commensurate with experience and internal equity. Benefits include a comprehensive health and wellness plan, tuition remission program for employee, spouse, and dependent children, a generous contribution to the University’s 403B retirement plan, and a generous time off plan.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion and clearance of a background check and employment verification.U.S. News & World Report rates La Verne Online No. 1 in California for the third consecutive year and 24th best in the country. Washington Monthly’s 2016 “America’s Best Colleges for Adult Learners” rankings place La Verne No. 3 among private, 4-year institutions in California.
La Verne is Tier 1 in U.S. News 2017 “America’s Best Colleges” National University rankings for the seventh straight year, and again made Forbes “America’s Top Colleges” rating (WASC Accredited).Location:
Kern County CampusNumber of Vacancies:
2018-190696SAOpen Until Filled: