MANAGER FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION SCHOOL OF MEDICINE
To provide expert organization and supervision for the Psychiatry and Neurology department as documented on SOM organizational chart. Manage daily operations of the area by coordinating effectively with Department Administration, as well as other parts of the Medical School and University. Implements departmental policies and procedures while directly administering daily activities to include personnel administration, recruitment, academic/educational appointments and grant and/or financial management.Description of Duties
• Relieves Department Chair of a wide variety of internal administrative duties which require a thorough understanding of the functions, programs, and policies of the University.
• Coordinates the department’s physical resource utilization including space planning, budget and inventory control, purchasing and utilization of Department resources and provides Department project management oversight.
• Plans, organizes, directs, and coordinates financial operation of department, including financial planning, budgeting, billing, and accounting functions in conjunction with Chair and Associate Dean for Finance and Administration.
• Prepares yearly budgets for department, and provides regular financial reports to the Chair regarding Department’s financial status in conjunction with Chair and Associate Dean for Finance and Administration.
• Interprets policies and regulations concerning department’s financial activities, including university policies and procedures and Federal and State agency guidelines.
• Directs and develops written justification to support budget proposals, expenditure items, and financial policy matters.
• Maintains an effective system of internal controls which provides reasonable assurance that operations are effective and efficient, assets are safeguarded, and financial information is reliable in conjunction with Chair and Associate Dean for Finance and Administration.
• In collaboration with Department Chair, as well as the Office of Human Resources, the Office of the Provost and the Associate Dean for Finance and Administration, administers human resource activities to include coordinating the recruitment, appointment, credentialing, international visas of staff and faculty.
• Demonstrates commitment to improving service and product quality for internal and external customers; designs systems and processes which enhance efficiency and effectiveness of internal controls and ensures the integrity of all Department operations; assures that effective internal controls are developed and maintained to ensure integrity of the Department and the University.
• Prepares, submits and monitors contractual agreements and associated budgets; provides in conjunction with Chair and Chief Legal Officer administrative oversight of clinical and basic science research programs; assists in the development and implementation of research budgets and provides oversight of post-award reporting requirements.
• Assists in the development of both long and short-term strategic business plans for the Department; in conjunction with Chair and Associate Dean for Finance and Administration.
• Creates analytical reports for management review.
• Performs other duties as assigned.Supervision Received
General supervision from Department Chair.Supervision Given
Direct supervision of assigned staff.Required Education
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in a related field.Preferred Education
Five (5) years of directly related experience, including two (2) years of supervisory experience.Preferred Experience
Experience obtained in Higher Education or Health Care Environment.Equipment
Use of standard office equipment.Working Conditions
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Office Environment; some travel and weekend work is required.Other
Exceptional planning and organizational skills.Physical CapabilitiesEmployment CategoryFull-TimeMinimum SalaryCommensurate with ExperiencePosted SalaryCommensurate with ExperiencePosition Available Date11/01/2020Grant Funded PositionNoIf Yes, Provide Grant Expiration DateEEO Statement
It is the policy of The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley to promote and ensure equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or protected veteran status. In accordance with the requirements of Title VII of the civil rights act of 1964, the title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, our University is committed to comply with all government requirements and ensures non discrimination in it’s education programs and activities, including employment.Special Instructions to Applicants
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission. The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to discontinue accepting applications prior to the stated close date of this position, after meeting the posting requirement of three (3) calendar days.
If you have any questions, please visit our Careers site at https://careers.utrgv.edu for detailed contact information.Additional Information
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.Quick Linkhttp://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/26130Posting Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a current UTRGV employee?
- * Are you now, or previously, employed by The University of Texas System or any of its institutions?
- Yes - I currently am employed by the UT System or its institutions
- Yes - I have previously been employed by the UT System or its institutions
- No - I have never been employed by the UT System or its institutions
- * Please select your highest level of completed education:
- 6th grade education
- 10th grade education
- High School Diploma or GED
- Associates Degree in a related field, Technical Degree in a related field, or Trade School Degree/Certification in a related field or 60 Hours of College Hours
- Bachelors Degree in a related field from an accredited university
- Masters Degree in a related field from an accredited university
- Ph. D. or other terminal degree in a related field from an accredited university
- * Please provide the field of study for your education:
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please indicate the number of years of full time work experience you have directly related to the position in which you are applying for:
- Less than 1 year
- 1 year
- 2 years
- 3 years
- 4 years
- 5 years
- 6 years
- 7 years
- 8 years
- 9 years
- 10 years
- Over 10 years
- * Do you meet the minimum requirements for this position?
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Curriculum Vitae
- Reference Letter 1
- Reference Letter 2
- Reference Letter 3
- Certifications and Licenses
- Training Certificates
- Other Document
- List of 3 References
- Unofficial Transcripts 2
- Unofficial Transcripts 3
- Letter of Interest
- Unofficial Graduate Transcripts
- Additional Document