Research Data Analyst
Research Data Analyst Job Number Full/Part Time Schedule Salary 202010166601 50% Part Time 8AM - 5PM $50,000 - $98,600 Position Information Reporting to the Director, UCR Center for Geospatial Sciences, the research data analyst participates on CGS research projects. Activities include data gathering, processing, and documentation. Additionally, the analyst will collaborate on the preparation of research papers, reports using this data that will involve applying statistical analysis and visualization methods. The analyst will also provide support for developing research related websites for CGS, and provide feedback and testing of CGS curriculum materials. The anticipated duration of this position is through June 30, 2021 or contingent upon funding. This posting is hiring two positions at 50%. Education Education Requirements Degree Requirement Bachelor's degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training. Required
Experience Experience Requirement 0 - 1 years of related experience. Required
Minimum Requirements Acquiring statistical analysis, systems programming, and database design skills to perform research analysis duties.
Acquiring knowledge of research function. Acquiring ability to perform research analysis duties.
Ability to effectively manage time and see assigned parts of projects through to completion on deadline.
Basic consultation and communication skills.
Preferred Qualifications Knowledge of the Python Spatial Analysis Library (PySAL)
Additional Information In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities' air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history, and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- UC Riverside was included in the (August 2018) edition of The Princeton Review's "The Best 382 Colleges."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2017) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- In 2016, UCR was recognized for graduation rate success by the Association of Public and Land-Grant Universities (APLU) for achieving near parity across racial-ethnic, socio-economic, and gender boundaries.
- UCR ranks among the Top 15 Public Research Universities in the nation, as identified by the 2017 Washington Monthly.
- In 2017, two separate reports from the Education Trust celebrated UCR as a national leader for African American and Latino student success. UCR was one of just three schools to be named top-performing institutions in both reports and the only California campus recognized among 18 top-performing colleges and universities in the nation for high black student graduation rates.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer with a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview
Job Description Details View complete Job Description for this position