Business Intelligence Analyst
DescriptionUniversity of Colorado | CU Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Medicine | Department of Surgery
Business Intelligence Analyst
Position #778683 – Requisition #19430
This position will serve as the subject matter expert on data analytics for the Department of Surgery. This position will shape, develop and build reporting around department data to understand trends, solve business problems, and monitor metrics. This position will determine the data needs of the department, structuring it in an appropriate format, analyzing the data using queries, and creating reports and visualizations for department decision-makers. This position will work with all department leadership to create the analytics unit in the Department of Surgery and deliver Business Intelligence solutions to each area of the department (HR, Finance, Operations, IT, Clinical Operations, etc.).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Determine business information needs – this position will determine and analyse which information would help managers make better business decisions. This process can also involve determining the right approach for presenting data to management and which analytical tools offer the most potential.
- Data collection and modeling – the BI analyst will determine what information the company needs to collect to answer its business questions. The BI analyst also works with databases to put the collected data into a meaningful structure and format for later analysis. This task involves considering business requirements, relationships between data, and benefits and limitations of database technologies
- Analyze and interpret data - Armed with an understanding of the business’s needs and having used an appropriate method for data collection and modeling, the BI analyst will run complex queries on the company’s databases to sort and filter data. They then analyze and interpret the results to look for patterns and determine if the findings answer the business’s questions and are accurate.
- Create reports and data visualizations - Using their findings from performing research and analyzing data, the BI analyst will create written reports management can use to monitor the company’s metrics and make decisions. They also use computer programming languages to create data visualizations in the form of charts and web dashboard applications that help the company track trends.
Total Compensation Calculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125Diversity and Equity:
Please click here for information on disability accommodations: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspxThe University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
- A bachelor’s degree in business, business administration, computer science, management/computer systems, computer engineering, information technology, or a directly related field from an accredited institution
- Three years of related experience in Business Intelligence or Data Analysis.
- 4-5 years of experience in a business intelligence role in a complex environment or institution
- Experience in healthcare, preferably academic medicine
- Familiarity with MyBI/Power BI and Epic
- Experience with Smartsheet or other BI Solutions software
Job Category: Business Services
Primary Location: Aurora
Posting Date: Oct 22, 2020
Unposting Date: Ongoing