Remote Student Community Intern
Job InformationClassification Number901839Classification TitleRemote Student Community InternDepartmentDean of StudentsLevelLevel B (Skilled)Job Description
Remote Student Community Interns will work directly with Student Life Advisor for Remote Students to build community among remote learners and connect them more directly to resources and events at the College. Interns will develop and curate new virtual programming for remote students, and aid in the design and management of an online resource hub for remote learners. Time Commitment: 5-10 hours a week
• Help to assess the needs of remote learners through surveys and other outreach
• Work with student organizations and offices on campus to curate and promote virtual events
• Plan, coordinate and assist with new social events designed to build community among remote learners
• Help develop and maintain an online resource and activities hub for remote learners
• Connect with remote learners through social media and other outlets
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge, Skills Abilities:
• Demonstrated knowledge of activities, organizations, and resources on campus
• Demonstrated experience organizing and promoting campus programs and events
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Strong organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail
• Self-motivated and reliable; ability to work independently and proactively on projects
• Creative thinker and solution-oriented
• A commitment to work from October through May.
• Experience with virtual platforms such as Google, Drupal, Zoom, social media. Knowledge of Presence and 25Live is helpful. Regardless, a willingness to learn these programs is a must.
• Previous on campus experience working in a leadership role or with student organization(s) would be helpful.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * This posting is only open to students. Are you a current Middlebury College undergraduate student?
- Why do you want to work in this position?
(Open Ended Question)
- Do you have any previous job experience that might be relevant to this position? If yes, please explain.
(Open Ended Question)
- Resume/C V