Western Technical College is a preferred employer in the 7 Rivers Region. We are looking for individuals who are passionate about helping others learn and are dedicated to serving students. If you are a motivated individual who can contribute to excellence in teaching and learning, please consider this employment opportunity at Western.
Summary of Position: The Security Coordinator serves as in-house security authority in areas including loss prevention, student/employee/public security, parking enforcement, and emergency response.
1. Maintain and uphold the College values of Learning, Excellence, Accountability, Diversity, Student Success, Teamwork, Integrity, and Respect. Regular attendance is required.
2. Complete all required College training and responsible for maintaining the skills necessary to complete the essential functions of the position as defined by the department.
3. Student Success is the cornerstone of Western’s culture and the college may assign employees as needed to other areas or additional duties to foster this success.
4. Supervision and Training - Supporting Action/Task May Include:
- Coordinate the hiring, development, coaching and evaluation of security staff
- Supervise security officers to ensure day-to-day operational objectives are being met
- Recommend and implement disciplinary action for security staff, when necessary
- Coordinate scheduling of security officer shifts, vacation, and other leave requests
- Meet regularly with security staff to discuss day-to-day operational issues and activities
- Oversee security staff payroll and submit for processing
- Coordinate planning, evaluation, and inspection of camera surveillance, access control and building security systems
- Respond to and investigate crisis or emergency situations regardless of time of day
- Coordinate security response for the College during Emergency Operations Center activation, special events, and other College activities.
- Serve as liaison with local law enforcement agencies during day to day incident response and investigation
- Enforce and investigate violations of federal, state, or college regulations related to security.
- Represent the College on safety, parking, and security committees
- Oversee, update, and maintain Security intranet sites
- Coordinate personal safety planning for students and staff that are in need of additional assistance.
Minimum Education Requirements:
- Associate's degree in Criminal Justice or related field required OR
- Education combined with appropriate occupational experience in related field totaling 2 yrs (4,000 hrs.)
- Minimum of 3 yrs experience in related field
- Preference will be given to those with experience in law enforcement/public safety.
- Supervision or managerial experience preferred.
- Valid Driver's License
This position reports to: Security Manager
Starting annual salary range based on education and experience: $47,673 - $60,849
This position would include competitive salary, excellent benefits including medical, dental, WRS and more.
Applicant review will begin: November 9, 2020
Start Date of: December 2020
Copies of Transcripts from regionally accredited colleges or universities are acceptable during the application process (originals will be required upon hire)
Western is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. Our mission is to provide relevant, high quality education in a collaborative and sustainable environment that changes the lives of students and grows our communities. Western is committed to providing a safe and respectful workplace for all employees.
An Equal Opportunity/Access/Employer And Educator
Western Technical College is an EEO/AA/Title VI/Title IX/Section 504/ADA/ADEA institution in the provision of its education and employment programs and services. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or covered veteran status. Reasonable accommodation will be provided in the job application process to enable a qualified applicant to have an equal opportunity to be considered for a job as is provided to all Western employees. If you want to request an accommodation please contact the EEO/AA Compliance Officer at (608)785-9274.