Laboratory Animal Technician III
DescriptionThis position provides routine lab animal care and maintains routine records according to clearly defined standard operating procedures, federal guidelines, and regulations.Continual training is provided and work is reviewed on a regular basis through observation of procedures and review of records to ensure compliance.
Errors in following verbal and written instructions regarding the basic care of the animals could jeopardize the health and safety of employees and animals. Such errors may result in injury, illness or loss of research. Employees face potential exposure to animals that may bite and/or scratch or be diseased. Employees lift, carry, push and pull heavy loads on an intermittent basis and work with chemicals and automated equipment. Operational hours are 9:00 AM - 5:45 PM and may work some weekends. The Schedule will be determined by the manager and the employee.
The scope of responsibility will include these essential duties but is not limited to the following -
- Sanitizes caging systems, animal rooms, and support areas using automated and manual equipment
- Feeds and waters animals and provides other routine animal husbandry activities
- Handles and restrains animals according to instructions and protocol
- Maintains routine record keeping of such items as environmental conditions, animal inventory, and daily husbandry activities
- May be responsible for euthanasia, limited anesthesia, physical exams, and administering medication according to veterinary direction
- Observe and communicates animal health conditions to appropriate personnel
- Performs other related duties as assigned
QualificationsHigh school diploma or GED and three years of related experience. Laboratory Animal Technologist (LATG) certification required.
College/Business Unit11/21/20, 11:59:00 PM
College/Business Unit: Research & Sponsored Programs
Location: Atlanta Campus
Job Posting: 10/23/20, 11:10:58 AM