The Executive Assistant (EA) in the Office of the VP for PPPL (OVP) provides high-level administrative support to the VP for PPPL and two Assistant VPs, including support to an international Advisory Board and periodic ad hoc groups and committees.
The EA handles all administrative, scheduling, and financial requirements of the OVP. This includes keeping the OVP team informed of the high-level office calendar, maintaining an action list, and maintaining document configuration management. The EA also manages the monthly budget summary, financial processing, travel and meeting coordination, and events management for the PPPL Advisory Board (AB). This position uses complex decision-making skills and discretion to prioritize and execute all tasks in a manner that results in a highly efficient and productive office environment through the use of technology and processes that support the VP for PPPL’s mission and goals. The EA reports to the VP for PPPL.
This full-time, benefits eligible position is located on Princeton University’s Forrestal Campus at PPPL.Responsibilities
- Provide administrative support for the OVP and the PPPL AB.
- Coordinate complex and dynamic schedules.
- Interface regularly with the VP’s assistants that support the academic work for the Department of Astrophysics.
- Maintain, evolve, develop, and use Standard Operating Procedures that define the processes needed to run the Office.
- Support meetings, draft correspondence, prepare confidential documents, and respond to inquiries and mailings.
- Maintain an office calendar, contact list, action list, and key document and correspondence archive. Assure OVP awareness of and preparedness for all office functions.
- Make domestic and international travel arrangements for the OVP and the PPPL AB.
- Manage office equipment maintenance and supply inventory and procurement.
- Coordinate meetings between the OVP and the BOD, PPPL AB, DOE, PPPL, other Princeton offices and others as needed.
- Manage and maintain the OVP OneDrive site.
- Proofread and correct documents.
- Interface with the University Office of Finance and Treasury, use financial tools, track the OVP budget, and present a monthly budget summary and projection to the OVP.
- Prepare and reconcile travel vouchers, invoices, electronic transfers, purchase orders, credit card transactions, financial reports, and other financial transactions and documentation.
- Facilitate purchasing and procurement transactions for OVP.
- Plan and execute logistics and track attendance for the PPPL AB, visitors, and other meetings and events.
- Make hotel reservations, manage event menus and logistics, set up event spaces if needed, and prepare and distribute event materials.
- Process travel vouchers, reimbursements, honoraria, and payments.
- Advanced computer skills (e.g., Microsoft Office suite, Prime, Concur) and the ability to learn new systems quickly and use technology effectively.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years of relevant work experience.
- Excellent organizational skills, the ability to work independently with a high level of accuracy and manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Demonstrated experience in preparing and completing financial transactions and reporting, including preparing financial spreadsheets.
- Superior interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with a broad array of people.
- Demonstrated excellent judgment, tact, and experience in exercising discretion with confidential information.
- Comfort with decision making and problem-solving.
- Familiarity with Princeton University campus resources or PPPL operations, computing systems (e.g., University business systems), and culture.
- Experience with DOE National Laboratory system, culture, and environment.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW.
Salary GradeADM, 040Standard Weekly Hours36.25Eligible for OvertimeNoBenefits EligibleYesEssential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)NoPhysical Capacity Exam RequiredNoValid Driver’s License RequiredNo