Instructional Technology Coordinator
Instructions to applicants:
Submit letter of interest, resume, transcript, contact information for three referencesJob Title:
Instructional Technology CoordinatorLocation:
BSN NursingPosting Date:
$42,000 to $45,000Required:
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related field.Preferred:
Masters Degree in computer science, Management, or related field.Primary Responsibilities:
SCOPE: Performs numerous responsibilities and activities for the nursing department to develop and maintain the nursing curriculum within the Learning Management System (LMS). Assists with planning and design for the Nursing education Center and coordinates and facilitates resources for clinical skills and simulation laboratory activities with the nursing faculty members.
SUPERVISION: Reports to the Director of Nursing Program.
EXPERIENCE: A minimum of four years of employment and experience in computer science with focus o the selected LMS to support and enhance the design of courses within the nursing curriculum. Familiarity with office machines to provide assistance with classroom resources for faculty members and students. Strongly interpersonal and excellent writing skills. Demonstrated skills with on-line and computer-based technologies with motivation to learn new techniques and skills required to organize and maintain low-, medium-, or high-fidelity mannequins and other equipment in the skills and simulation laboratories.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Usual office and classroom conditions with attention and sensitivity to security and knowledge of SRSU policies and procedures. Standard office hours with occasional travel and some evenings to facilitate preparations for clinical skills and laboratory experiences as needed to meet program needs. willingness to seek out opportunities to gain expertise with high-fidelity simulation.
1. Assist with development of computer-based resources for the curriculum and clinical-simulation laboratory, including development of guidelines for activities required for the laboratories.
2. Prepare and manage student clinical-skill and simulation learning experiences as requested by faculty members.
3. assist with development of learning experiences for nursing students.
4. Assist nursing faculty to develop to high-quality learning resources effective with online, blended, and face-to-face learning environments.
5. Manage and organize supplies, equipment, and materials for skills and simulation laboratory learning activities.
6. Assist faculty members to promote nursing student success.
Position Responsibilities for Instructional designer:
1. Under the direction of the Director of the Department of Nursing and in collaboration with OIT, implement a standardized technology that offers a range of per-approved software and technologies that support a variety of learning environments to promote nursing education.
2. Monitor educational technology developments, assess their functionality, and submit proposals for technology changes to enhance nursing-education platforms including simulation.
3. Collaborate with faculty members in the design and development of nursing courses.
4. Provide service management for nursing educational technologies such as student response systems, lecture capture, digital media solutions, etc.
Position Responsibilities for Learning Management System (LMS):
1. assist nursing faculty and students to learn the learn the characteristics and elements of the SRSU selected LMS to achieve desired outcomes of the nursing education program.
2. Advise and train faculty members on their use of the institution’s LMS, multimedia, and other technologies, and use of learning tools to advance online and classroom instruction.
3. Place nursing program course syllabi and course materials in LMS with focus on presentation of complex syllabus information in a manner that facilitates or promotes student learning.
4. assist nursing faculty members to obtain certification for LMS operation.
5. Provide technological supper for online and classroom teaching/learning activities within the framework of the LMS to promote student achievement of course objectives.
Position Responsibilities for Simulation and Skills Laboratories:
1. Gain experience with operation and maintenance of high-, medium-, and low-fidelity mannequins.
2. Work collaboratively with resource personnel and other individuals to support faculty members with student learning.
3. Obtain knowledge of various software programs to enhance student clinical skills and simulation learning activities.
4. assist faculty members with development of simulation scenarios to promote student clinical skills and learning.
5. Provide mannequin voice-overs related to gender and age for mannequin responses.
6. Participate with faculty members in the delivery of teaching/learning activities for students that promote course objectives.
7. Collaborate with faculty members to debrief clinical and simulation laboratory learning activities.
8. Organize the clinical skills and simulation Laboratory environment so that it closely resembles actual clinical settings or patient situations.
9. Prepare skills and simulation laboratory with supplies and equipment necessary for students to meet the objectives for each learning activity.
Responsible for personal safety and the safety of others; must exercise due caution and practice safe work habits at all times.Other Information:
Texas Law requires a 60 day waiting period before new state employees are eligible to enroll in health insurance.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
It is the policy of Sul Ross State University to provide equal employment opportunity for all persons in accordance with their individual, job related qualifications and without consideration of race, creed, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status and ancestry. Equal employment opportunities shall be afforded in all personnel actions or decisions including, but not necessarily limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, upgrading, promotion, demotion, termination and salary. Retaliation is prohibited against a person who opposes a discriminatory practice, files a charge, testifies, assists or participates in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
Sul Ross State University, located in Alpine, Texas, is a member of the Texas State University System. It is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award bachelor’s and master’s degrees, and has an enrollment of approximately 2,000 students on campus in Alpine.
At an elevation of 4,480 feet in the scenic Davis Mountains of West Texas, and on the periphery of the Chihuahuan Desert, Alpine enjoys mild winters and cool summers. Davis Mountain State Park, Fort Davis National Historic Site, Big Bend National Park and Guadalupe National Park are all within one to three hours’ driving distance from Alpine.