Job location: Remote Employment Type:
Part-time Posted data:
Job Description SummarySaint Leo University is currently seeking qualified candidates to be cleared and added to our Dissertation Committee Chair or Member availability pool. The Department of Graduate Studies in Criminal Justice within the College of Education and Social Services is currently seeking qualified candidates for our pool in order to staff immediate and future graduate dissertation committees.
Qualified applicants, transcripts, and materials will be reviewed and processed in preparation for assignment-based student enrollment needs for upcoming terms. Select members from the pool are contracted term-by-term based on course/section need and availability. Saint Leo University reserves the right to not schedule and/or cancel courses based on enrollment.
Applications are processed upon the receipt of all official transcripts while the posting is active.
In addition to your curriculum vitae/resume, the following documents are required for consideration. Please be sure to check the email under which you applied for important instructions on completing remaining steps, including uploading documents in the second step of the application packet process as follows:
· Cover Letter
· Teaching Philosophy - (500 words or less), highlight how your teaching philosophy and practices fit the Mission and Values of Saint Leo University.
Three (3) Names of References – Please list three names of recent professional references, including at least one recent supervisor. Be sure to include reference name, email and phone numbers.
Transcripts Official transcripts are required for all adjuncts.
Official transcripts for Master, Graduate, and Doctorate degrees are required to complete your application packet and are to be issued directly to Saint Leo University from the respective education institution. *
Transcripts that are “Issued to Student” or issued to another institution are not accepted.
All official transcripts must be requested from the universities and/or colleagues attended and/or certified transcript evaluations/translations from World Education Services (WES) to be sent to the attention of Veronica Mantegna by email to email@example.com or hardcopy to the following address:
ATTN: VERONICA MANTEGNA
ACADEMIC AFFAIRS – MC 2006
SAINT LEO UNIVERSITY
PO BOX 6665
SAINT LEO, FLORIDA 33574
Instructors will be responsible for
- Dissertation Committee Chair: facilitates and guides the candidate through the dissertation process following university protocols and policies; monitors and records progress, provides encouragement and support throughout the process, and is ultimately responsible for coordinating feedback to student from other committee members.
- Dissertation Committee Members: works with the committee in providing feedback to student via the chairperson. Evaluate the applied dissertation proposal, and final report; provide a written analysis of students' documents (proposal, or final dissertation report) directly to the committee chair (not directly to the dissertation student) within 10 business days of having received the document.
- Abide by and uphold University policies and core values.
- An earned doctorate degree from an accredited institution in Criminal Justice, Leadership, or related fields.
- Knowledge of general behavioral and social science principles, research methods, and individual differences in ability.
- Willingness to participate in training events for dissertation committee members and chairs
- Proficient in APA style (formatting, citation requirements, punctuation, composition, grammar, etc.)
- Online instructional experience and working in a virtual team environment
- Outstanding organizational and project management skills with the ability to consistently meet deadlines.
- Superior interpersonal, customer service, presentation, and communication skills both written and oral required
Why Work at Saint Leo?
What it’s Like to Work Here: Ask our employees and the one word they’d use to describe working at Saint Leo University is “Community.” Our team members all share the Saint Leo core values, positive attitudes, and problem-solving abilities, enabling them to provide excellent student centered service. Our mission is educating and preparing students for life and leadership in a challenging world. Thank you for your interest in joining the Saint Leo PRIDE!
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Saint Leo, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Available benefits based on employment status (Full Time vs Part Time).
- Inclusive Group Health Plan (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Group Health Plan features include Teledoc, Surgery Plus!, Wellness Incentive Program, Nationwide Pet Insurance, just to name a few!
- Health Reimbursement Account (University Paid!) and Flexible Spending Accounts (healthcare and dependent options)
- Tuition Remission (Employee, Spouse, and Dependents)*
- Tuition Exchange opportunity for dependent of employees*
- Paid Personal Leave (Sick, Vacation, Holidays)
- 403b - Annual match 3%-9% of pay based on employee’s contribution. University match and fully vested within one month of hire date.
- Basic Life and AD&D Insurance valued at 30k (University Paid!)
- Income Protection Benefits after one year
- Additional options for supplemental insurance
*Eligibility based on meeting required service period