Adjunct - Criminal Justice: Dissertation Committee Chair and Committee Members
Job location: Remote
Employment Type: Part-time
Posted data: 2020-10-22
Job Description SummarySaint Leo University is currently seeking qualified candidates to be cleared and added to our adjunct availability pool. The Department of Graduate Studies in Criminal Justice within the College of Education and Social Services is currently seeking qualified candidates for our adjunct pool in order to staff immediate and future graduate dissertation committees.
Qualified applicants, transcripts, and materials will be reviewed and processed in preparation for assignment-based student enrollment needs for upcoming terms. Select adjuncts from the pool are contracted term-by-term based on course/section need and availability. Saint Leo University reserves the right to not schedule and/or cancel courses based on enrollment.
Applications are processed upon the receipt of all official transcripts while the posting is active.Job Description
In addition to your curriculum vitae/resume, the following documents are required for consideration. Please be sure to check the email under which you applied for important instructions on completing remaining steps, including uploading documents in the second step of the application packet process as follows:
· Cover Letter
· Teaching Philosophy - (500 words or less), highlight how your teaching philosophy and practices fit the Mission and Values of Saint Leo University.
Three (3) Names of References – Please list three names of recent professional references, including at least one recent supervisor. Be sure to include reference name, email and phone numbers.
Transcripts Official transcripts are required for all adjuncts.
Official transcripts for Master, Graduate, and Doctorate degrees are required to complete your application packet and are to be issued directly to Saint Leo University from the respective education institution. *
Transcripts that are “Issued to Student” or issued to another institution are not accepted.
World Education Services (WES) Evaluation – A certified evaluation and translation from World Education Services (WES) is required for foreign transcripts and/or any and all degrees obtained from international universities. Expenses for official transcripts are the responsibility of the applicant.
Please have official transcripts and certified evaluations mailed to:
Saint Leo University
Academic Affairs MC 2006
Attn: Veronica Mantegna
PO Box 6665
Saint Leo, Florida 33574
Instructors will be responsible for
- Dissertation Committee Chair: facilitates and guides the candidate through the dissertation process following university protocols and policies; monitors and records progress, provides encouragement and support throughout the process, and is ultimately responsible for coordinating feedback to student from other committee members.
- Dissertation Committee Members: works with the committee in providing feedback to student via the chairperson. Evaluate the applied dissertation proposal, and final report; provide a written analysis of students' documents (proposal, or final dissertation report) directly to the committee chair (not directly to the dissertation student) within 10 business days of having received the document.
- Abide by and uphold University policies and core values.
- An earned doctorate degree from an accredited institution in Criminal Justice, Leadership, or related fields.
- Knowledge of general behavioral and social science principles, research methods, and individual differences in ability.
- Willingness to participate in training events for dissertation committee members and chairs
- Proficient in APA style (formatting, citation requirements, punctuation, composition, grammar, etc.)
- Online instructional experience and working in a virtual team environment
- Outstanding organizational and project management skills with the ability to consistently meet deadlines.
- Superior interpersonal, customer service, presentation, and communication skills both written and oral required