Posting DetailsJob TitleLaboratory Scientist/Certified/UKHCRequisition NumberRE24516Working TitleDepartment NameH3200:Laboratory ServicesWork LocationLexingtonGrade Level10Salary Range$22.44-37.74/hourType of PositionStaffPosition Time Status Full-TimeRequired Education
BSClick here for more information about equivalencies:http://www.uky.edu/hr/employment/working-uk/equivalenciesRequired Related Experience
No experience required.Required License/Registration/Certification
Sitting at computer workstation for extended periods.
Rotating shifts including weekends and holidays. May include call based on needs of department.Job Summary
The Medical Laboratory Scientist/Certified will be responsible for performing clinical laboratory testing in a fast-paced academic medical center. The Laboratory provides services to all aspects of this Level I trauma center and throughout the healthcare enterprise, including solid organ and bone marrow transplant, KY Children’s Hospital, and Markey Cancer Center.
This position performs laboratory testing in complex Microbiology hospital laboratory. As a certified technologist this position assists in the management of regulatory compliance.
This CAP and AABB-Accredited Laboratory at the University of Kentucky showcases the use of state-of-the-art instrumentation and technology.Skills / Knowledge / Abilities
Multitasking, computer skills, customer service, troubleshooting.Does this position have supervisory responsibilities? NoPreferred Education/Experience
BS-MLS preferred.Deadline to Apply11/05/2020University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare seeks to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent employees, to provide the best experience for every patient, every time. If selected for a position, do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Values of diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork?
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you hold a current certification with the American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP), or are eligible to obtain this certification within six months of date of hire?
- * Please choose the answer that best describes your years of paid, full-time employment experience in a clinical laboratory setting.
- More than 0, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years, up through 5 years
- More than 5 years
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter