Program Coordinator - Family Resource & Training Center (Project Position)
Posting DetailsWorking TitleProgram Coordinator - Family Resource & Training Center (Project Position)Posting Number2020023CPClassification TitleProgram CoordinatorClassification Code107NRCW Exemption CriteriaNo ExemptionEWU Position NumberC99228CUPA CodeNo MatchFLSANon-ExemptBargaining Unit BU 1% Full Time100Salary / Wage RangeCS - 38Salary Information
The salary range for this position is $36,732 (minimum) – $42,168 (mid-point) – $47,568 (end of hiring range).
The salary for the hired candidate will be dependent on experience, skills, education and other qualifications.Anticipated Start Date12/01/2020Term of Appointment12 monthLocationCheneyCountyWashingtonProject Description
This position is 100% funded under a grant related to foster care and foster families.Project DurationAnnual renewalBackground CheckYes - BothResponsible HR UserLori LivingstoneResponsible HR User Email [email protected] Summary
The College of Social Sciences at Eastern Washington University invites applications for a full time Program Coordinator housed on the Cheney campus for their Family Resource and Training Center (FRTC) located in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho.
Under general direction, the position will provide support to the Director, coordinate special projects, conduct training, and provide technical, and administrative services support. Exercise independent judgment and discretion relating to program policies, guidelines and contracts and in implementing, interpreting and applying program procedures and policies. In the course of performing the position’s duties, this position will have extensive involvement with staff and the public in carrying out program activities, and will coordinate, schedule and monitor program activities to determine consistency with program goals.
- Support to Director
- Coordinate special projects
- Public/Organizational Contact
- Technical & Administrative Program Support
- Manage Travel
- Manage Purchase Card
- Service Multiple Programs as Needed
Screening of applications will begin November 6, 2020. All materials will be held in confidence, and references will not be contacted prior to candidate notification.
See Job Duties section for detailed description of the position’s responsibilities.About Eastern Washington University
Eastern is a regional, comprehensive university located in Cheney, 20 minutes from downtown Spokane. In addition to our primary campus in Cheney, we also offer programs in Spokane’s innovative University-District, plus additional teaching/learning centers located in other cities throughout Washington State. Enrollment has reached over 12,000 students. The Cheney-Spokane area is the heart of the Inland Northwest, with excellent restaurants, theater, shopping, skiing, hiking, lakes, a choice of living in a medium-sized city or a small town, and high quality schools and housing.Diversity Statement
EWU does not discriminate in its programs and activities on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship or immigration status, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, genetic information, age, marital status, families with children, protected veteran or military status, HIV or hepatitis C, status as a mother breastfeeding her child, or the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability or the use of a trained guide dog or service animal by a person with a disability, as provided for and to the extent required by state and federal laws.Conditions of Employment
This is a PROJECT position that is 100% grant funded. Position continuation is dependent on continuation of the grant. The grant has a long track record of successful annual grant renewals.
Required Qualification: Must have transportation, a valid driver’s license, and a clean driving record including no DUI citations. While position is based on the Cheney campus, the person hired for the position will be expected to travel to the Coeur d’Alene center for meetings, training, and other work responsibilities.
Qualified current classified staff members who apply for this position will be given priority consideration during the interview process. Qualified former employees and/or current employees outside of classified staff may also be given preference.
This position, during the course of university employment will be involved in the receipt of, or accountability for, university funds or other items of value; as well as the unsupervised access with the developmentally disabled, vulnerable adults or children under the age of 16. The offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion and passing of a background check prior to beginning employment.
Position is covered under the WFSE union contract.
Essential Functions Analysis forms (“EFA”) describe the physical and mental demands associated with our positions. You may access this document at the link provided below:
EFA for FRTC Program Coordinator Position
Face masks as required by state & EWU directives.Required Qualifications
- High school graduation or equivalent AND
- Two years of full time work experience in the program specialty which is generally defined as providing complex program support services beyond entry level support work as required by this program, the Family Resource and Training Center. To be considered qualifying, your work experience must include at least three of the following:
- Coordinating special projects;
- Responsible for public contact involving external agencies, including independent advising and serving as a liaison; this experience must be beyond serving as a receptionist;
- Managing travel for multiple individuals
- Managing purchasing
- Providing administrative support; examples of qualifying work experience can be found by reviewing the position responsibilities
- Strong computer skills to include using complex databases and/or data systems
- Two years experience maintaining both manual and electronic records and files involving systems which include at least 500 records and/or files
- Two years high volume customer service experience involving communications with a wide variety of “customers,” such as other agencies, private businesses, professionals in the community, internal staff/managers/administrators, students, applicants; communications must include both verbal/telephonic, email, and written correspondence
- Two years work experience which demonstrates the ability to successfully handle a demanding workload with overlapping deadlines and which required great attention to detail, perseverance, initiative, and ability to function equally well taking direction and working independently
- Superior interpersonal skills including demonstrated ability to apply a culturally responsive and flexible approach that is sensitive and supportive of the diverse needs, including universal access, of the parents, families, administrators, agency representatives, and our community partners as well as the requirements of the program, Eastern and the State of Washington.
- Must have transportation, a valid driver’s license, and a clean driving record
- Two or more years college coursework
- Two or more years work experience in a higher education environment
- Experience with a grant funded program or grant reporting
- Time Management
- Attention to Detail
Typically M-F 8am – 5pm, but may be required to work evenings and/or weekends to fulfill special projects.Posting Date10/22/2020Open Until Further NoticeNoClosing Date11/05/2020Screening to Begin11/06/2020Special Instructions to Applicants
To be considered for this opportunity, please submit your application materials through our online applicant portal located at http://jobs.hr.ewu.edu. If you are unable to submit through the applicant portal, please contact Human Resources Services at (509) 359-2381.
Required application materials and information must include:
- Cover letter, which explains how you meet each of the qualifications of the position, required and preferred if applicable. The preferred format is to provide a bulleted list within the body of the cover letter.
- Resume to include work history and major duties, education, and any specialized training or skills related to the position.
- List of at least 3 professional references including names, title, organization name, phone numbers, email addresses, and their connection to you.
- Diversity Response: As an equal opportunity employer with a multicultural staff and student population, we are interested in how your qualifications prepare you to work with diverse faculty, staff, and student populations representing various cultures and backgrounds that may be different from your own. Please describe how you will apply an approach that is supportive to the diverse needs, including universal access, of our students, faculty, staff, and the public.
- Applicant Certification – please download the Certification form (link is provided in the next field); then complete and sign the form, and upload it to this link.
Pursuant to RCW 28B.112.080, applicants for employment at any Washington State institution of higher education, are required to provide a signed statement verifying information about their history of prior sexual misconduct and providing authorization for current and previous employers to disclose relevant records to Eastern Washington University.
All applicants are required to download the statement linked below, complete and sign it, and then attach the signed statement as part of their job application: Required Applicant Certification.
Attach the completed and signed certification to the document link called Applicant Certification.
Support to Director and Assistant Director
- Provide administrative support to Director;
- Assist in writing, completion and presentation of reports, special projects and assignments, and program updates;
- In conjunction with Program Support Supervisor II, prepare Memorandums of Agreement and contracts to ensure compliance with University and funding limitations;
- Initiate and/or approve online purchases for supplies, office operations and events. When necessary, receive freight and notify receiving to clear POs for payment;
- Work with Fiscal Specialist II and Purchasing to identify open purchase orders for annual renewal and closeout;
- Pcard purchases to support office operations, marketing, and events. Ensure that funds are available and that the purchase is an allowable expense. Review and approve all Pcard transactions for Center staff; Forward copy of Pcard transactions to Grants Office for review and approval.
Coordinate Special Projects
- Directs and/or coordinates special projects of major importance to Director organizational and professional involvements;
- Develops informational materials and conduct presentations at orientation meetings or other meetings as needed;
- Attends team meetings; travel occasionally to attend meetings and conferences.
- Manage dissemination of communications;
- Independently advise the public regarding the program and the University;
- Act as liaison to staff, and colleagues at other agencies/institutions, representatives of funding agencies and officials from professional organizations, business, industry and government, interpreting policies and making decisions which facilitate progress of project(s);
- Represent the program at public and departmental functions; and,
- Coordinate program information with EWU departments.
Technical & Administrative Program Support
- Design office procedures, policies and forms including interpretation and application of administrative policies to the work of the program;
- Coordinate administrative standards and procedures for independent yet interrelated program functions;
- Database development and administration and data entry for ACT database, which tracks attendance of individuals who attend training provided by Center. Includes tracking of Resource Families and their progress through “resource family life cycle” and regional recruitment contacts for future resource families. Currently over 11,000 records in database.
- Create and support RF Recruitment and Retention Coordinators to meet data needs, including setting up online surveys on the www.icwpartnership.org site. Extract rosters from training calendar on www.icwpartnership.org site, compile with attendance and assimilate data into ACT database. Assist in surveys and preparation of reports by gathering and computing information.
- Extract datasets from ACT database as needed for quarterly, annual, and special run reports and mailing lists, including quarterly demographic reports for Casey Family Programs.
- Maintain the database and edit for duplicate records, update with current foster parent data as it becomes available from IDHW.
- Possible supervision of student and/or hourly employees.
- Manage & coordinate travel; reconcile travel card monthly
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- As an equal opportunity employer with a multicultural staff and student population, we are interested in how your qualifications prepare you to work with diverse faculty, staff, and student populations representing various cultures and backgrounds that may be different from your own. Please describe how you will apply an approach that is supportive to the diverse needs, including universal access, of our students, faculty, staff, and the public.
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
- List of Professional References
- Applicant Certification
- DD214 Form