Senior Research Administrator
RII Business ServicesDepartment Website Link:
Tucson, AZ USAPosition Highlights:
Research, Innovation & Impact's (RII) Business Services team is in search of a Senior Research Administrator. The Senior Research Administrator is an integral member of the team, providing Pre-award research administration support to investigators within or affiliated with the RII Centers & Institutes & Museums. As a centralized consortium of research administration professionals, our team is a one-stop shop for interactions with sponsors & central campus administrative units including Sponsored Projects & Contracting Services, FSO, & the UA Foundation. As a member of the Business Services team Pre-Award team, the Senior Research Administrator will work independently & within a team to directly support research faculty in developing & submitting proposals with a high degree of efficiency, expertise & with exceptional customer service to Units & investigators. Sponsoring agencies will include private, federal, nonprofit, & international. The RII Business Services team is committed to identifying & adhering to best practices in grants & contracts administration while upholding high standards of integrity & fiduciary responsibility.
As a cost-saving measure related to the impact ofCOVID-19, Furlough and Furlough-Based Salary Programs have been approved by theArizona Board of Regents. All new hires subject to the programs will benotified in accordance with adopted Furlough and Furlough-Based Salary Programsguidelines and will be required to comply with all measures. To learn moreabout the programs and whether this position is affected, please visithr.arizona.edu/FY-2020-2021-Furlough-Program.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
TheUniversity of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-lifeprograms. For more information about working at the University of Arizona andrelocations services, please visit http://talent.arizona.edu/
- Works directly with faculty members, research staff, and program coordinators, college administrators, and other units on campus in the preparation of proposals.
- Leads in the development and submission of large, complex proposals such as program projects, interdisciplinary research centers, multidisciplinary university research initiatives, etc.
- Contributes to the creation and presentation of training materials for research faculty and staff.
- Provides guidance and advises faculty and departmental staff with preaward questions and issues of a more complex nature, delivering high level support to faculty and departmental staff in regards to pre-award activities
- Provides cross-training to other Research Administrators and or Program coordinators within RII Business Services and the units we support.
- Creates queries in UAccess Analytics, which is an Oracle business intelligence system, to create efficiencies in the RDI Business Services unit and disseminate research administration data to college faculty, staff, and administrators as needed.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- University &sponsor policies & procedures or demonstrated ability to learn & integrate policy & procedure as needed.
- Accounting practices, procedures, & reporting.
- Financial analysis & management.
- Microsoft Office &Adobe applications &capabilities.
- Work effectively in a team environment &to resolve issues with a positive outcome.
- Work in a fast-paced environment with changing demands.
- Maintain a solution-oriented attitude while providing unsurpassed customer service.
- Prioritize work &manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Work well under pressure without sacrificing teamwork, accuracy, or customer service
- Significant attention to detail.
- Strong sense of customer service
- Accommodate & respond to shifting priorities & multiple, demanding projects.
- Self-motivated, takes initiative ·
- Communication (verbal/written)
- Critical thinking & problem-solving
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through professional level experience.
Minimum of 8 years of relevant work experience.
- Proven experience providing proposal preparation support for submissions to federal and state agencies.
- Experience with UA systems, specifically UAccess Research, Financials, Employee, and Analytics
ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Full TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
Yes - Full BenefitsRate of Pay:
$55,000 - $65,000Compensation Type:
salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)Grade:
9Career Stream and Level:
Grant & Contract AdminJob Function:
ResearchType of criminal background check required::
Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)Number of Vacancies:
1Target Hire Date:
Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
Anh Le [email protected]Open Date:
10/22/2020Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Resume and Cover LetterSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.