Position Title: Senior Custodian
Either:(A) Graduation from high school or possessionof a high school equivalency diploma, AND two (2) years of experience inbuilding cleaning and maintenance work, or experience in any of the standardmechanical or construction trades; OR
(B) Three (3) years of experience, asoutlined in (A) above
The incumbent in this class is responsible for the supervision of cleaning,maintenance, and heating activities of a building or buildings. The incumbent in this position has charge ofall custodial work. Work is performed inaccordance with general instructions and is subject to review by asuperior. Immediate supervision isexercised over the work of employees engaged in various custodialactivities. Incumbent performs relatedwork as required.
- Performsand supervises cleaning activities;
- Assigns tasks to subordinatesand gives instructions in the use and safety requirements of building cleaningsupplies, materials, and equipment;
- Makes minor carpentry,plumbing, electrical and other building repairs;
- Requisitionsand insures proper use of supplies;
- Performsa variety of custodial activities as required;
- Operatesa computer to receive, maintain, manage, and disperse information as required.
Good knowledge of building cleaningpractices, supplies, and equipment; good knowledge of operating low pressureboilers and auxiliary equipment; working knowledge of computer operation andcomputer programs; ability to plan and lay out work; ability to supervise thework of others; dependability; manual dexterity.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
MVCC does not discriminate. MVCC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply. MVCC offers a comprehensive employee enrichment program. Official academic transcripts required upon hire.The successful candidate will need to apply through the Oneida County Personnel application process and test for the position.
Review Start Date: 11/4/2020
Review of applications will begin on the review start date and will continue until successful candidates have been identified.