Building Maintenance Worker
Position Title: Building Maintenance Worker
Either:(A) Graduation for a regionally accredited of New York State registered college or
university with an Associate’s Degree in construction, engineering technology, or a
closely related field; OR(B) Graduation from high school or possession of a high school equivalency diploma
AND two (2) years of experience in custodial, building maintenance, or grounds
maintenance activities; OR(C) Three (3) years of experience in custodial, building maintenance, or grounds
Note: Verifiable part-time and/or volunteer experience as described above will be
pro-rated toward meeting full-time experience requirements.
This is semi-skilled work involving responsibility for independentlyperforming a variety of building maintenance tasks. General instructions are received and work is performed underimmediate or general supervision depending upon the nature of the task. Theincumbent performs related work as required.
- Sweeps, mopsand waxes floors, washes walls, windows and blackboards, cleans erasers, dusts,and performs other cleaning duties;
- Cleans and mops lavatories and lockerrooms;
- Dusts desks, woodwork, furniture, and other equipment;
- Makes minorrepairs to furniture, electrical fixtures, windows, and window shades, locks,faucets, heating system, and other equipment;
- Empties waste baskets, collects,and disposes of rubbish;
- Replaces soap, towels, light bulbs, and othersupplies;
- Keeps simple clerical records related to cleaning and maintenancetasks;
- Receives, moves, and stores incoming school supplies;
- Arranges chairsand tables and other equipment for special use of school buildings;
- Mayoperate a light motor vehicle in transporting supplies & equipment;
- May operate a computer to receive, maintain, manage and disperse information asrequired;
- Performs a variety of errands and related custodial tasks.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
MVCC does not discriminate. MVCC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply. MVCC offers a comprehensive employee enrichment program. Official academic transcripts required upon hire.This position will require approval through the Oneida County personnel application process.
Review Start Date: 10/27/2020
Review of applications will begin on the review start date and will continue until successful candidates have been identified.