MANAGER, DIGITAL & SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING, Enrollment, Undergraduate Admissions
MANAGER, DIGITAL & SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING, Enrollment, Undergraduate AdmissionsTracking Code9969 Job Description
The Digital and Social Media Marketing Managers primary responsibility is to develop and implement a comprehensive digital and social media marketing strategy designed to attract, inform and influence prospective students and parents about the value and benefits of a BU education. The Digital and Social Media Marketing Manager oversees five social media accounts and also supports the admissions website, totaling over 300 pages of content, serving 1 million visitors, and receiving 6 million page views per year. Experience with digital and paid social advertising strategy will be critical, as this individual will work with the senior leadership team to manage Social Studio and Ad Studio within Salesforce Marketing Cloud. This individual is an integral member of a team of six marketing professionals within Admissions and works to develop and implement recruitment initiatives, utilize the website, mobile applications, and social media. The manager also collaborates and meets with other enrollment and University staff and students to develop content relative to recruitment and yield initiatives. The candidate should be able to:
- Develop social media strategy, and enhance and manage admissions presence on social media outlets, such as Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, YouTube, and Twitter:
- Develop and post content, monitor interactions, and coordinate responses to messages from users, providing fast customer service as necessary
- Develop content across multiple social media platforms to ensure daily posts and engagements
- Supervise one Work-Study student who oversees posts and interactions on these sites
- Analyze social engagement and make recommendations to update strategy as needed
- Manage paid social and digital ads, including developing content and copy, and managing the ads calendar
- Work with senior leadership to support an overall digital strategy. Develop a comprehensive website and social media strategy for admissions, supporting other marketing and recruitment initiatives.
- The Digital and Social Media Marketing Manager will also:
- Work with Admissions Marketing Group to brainstorm, plan, and develop new ideas for social engagement, including social campaigns (organic and paid), and initiatives for admissions website
- Initiate and chair workgroups on topics related to web enhancements, digital communications, and social media
- Assign tasks to committee members and deploy final products
- Collaborate with other marketing team members to deploy campaigns across email, print, and video. Manage all facets of admissions websites (including the monitoring of external website presence), totaling over 300 pages of content, serving 1 million visitors and 6 million page views per year:
- Work with the Admissions Marketing and Communications team and admissions staff to develop website strategy and core messaging to persuasively communicate the value and benefits of a BU education on the admissions website. Utilize text, graphics, photos, videos, and other media to support core messages work with admissions, Enrollment Services Operations (ESO), and IS&T to create coordinate, test, and deploy feature development for BUs Applicant portal
- Analyze website statistics; develop and apply tracking methodologies for the website, e-mail, and social media statistics through Salesforce Marketing Cloud to improve reporting and to inform strategy and development
- Research trends in web development and marketing, digital communication, and social media to stay abreast of how to best reach prospective students.
In order to be considered for this position, please include a cover letter in your application materials. A bachelor's degree and 5 years of experience in digital media strategy (including) are required for this position. This should include experience with social media strategy, website management (WordPress, HTML, and CSS), Adobe Photoshop, and experience editing and writing for the web. Experience with Salesforce Marketing Cloud is preferred, but not required. Additionally, the successful candidate must have strong writing and communication skills, an understanding of strategic digital marketing (preferably in higher education), a strong eye for captivating content, and attention to detail.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.Job Location BOSTON, Massachusetts, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular