Executive Assistant, AVP of Marketing & VP of College Advancement
This position provides administrative support to the Associate Vice President of Marketing, Public Relations + Legislative Advocacy and the Vice President of College Advancement/Executive Director of the NTC Foundations in a collaborative team environment. This position is key to meeting the needs of internal clients and provides frontline customer service.
As a member of Leadership, the Executive Assistant to the AVP of Marketing and VP of College Advancement will portray a broad institutional perspective that supports the College's mission, vision and goals while fostering and creating an environment that strives to anticipate and meet customer needs. A Leader will support a shared leadership culture through participation in and facilitation of teams.
In addition, Leaders will live NTC's operating principles of integrity, respect, learning, collaboration, responsibility, innovation, and service.
- Provide high level support through the use of email, calendar/appointments, word processing, records and database management, presentation/graphics preparation, spreadsheet development, travel assistance, conference/special function coordination, etc.
- Work with appropriate Marketing + Public Relations and College Advancement team member(s) to effectively manage projects, including outlining projects goals and scope, tracking and reporting progress, outlining resources and timelines, and providing updates and reminders as necessary.
- Manage vendor relationships and the quoting process for publications, flyers and other printed materials by requesting quotes, awarding projects and preparing purchase orders.
- Work with the AVP and Marketing + Public Relations team to manage the College's social media presences to promote NTC and continually expand audience engagement.
- Work with the AVP to coordinate legislative events on campus and VP to coordinate external partner meetings.
- Assist in the planning and execution of photo and video shoots.
- Act as a receptionist for the Marketing + Public Relations offices and serve as a first professional contact through effective and tactful interaction with internal and external customers to answer questions, provide information and assistance, direct customers to appropriate area, and respond to concerns in a pleasant manner.
- Draft, organize, handle and file confidential and sensitive material.
- Prepare signage for school closings, events and other MPR needs.
- Coordinate press clippings and maintain records of press coverage.
- Assist in gathering information for the preparation of printed materials including assisting with the editing and proofing of publications and correspondence.
- Manage and maintain an inventory system for all collateral materials, displays, promotional items, table covers and other supporting materials.
- Coordinate the distribution of recruitment materials for all six campuses and all Centers of Excellence, including kiosks and brochure racks on the Wausau campus.
- Work with NTC's budget system to perform data entry functions, monitor budgets, write and process budget transfers, prepare travel reimbursements, create payment authorizations, build requisitions for supplies and materials, run reports, etc. for Marketing + Public Relations and College Advancement.
- Serve as office manager for the Marketing + Public Relations and College Advancement teams including the purchase and maintenance of supplies and electronic equipment.
- Contribute to the success of the MPR + College Advancement teams through the scheduling of meetings, coordination of meeting agendas, scheduling of rooms, submitting catering orders, creating agendas, preparing minutes, independently drafting memos and letters and performing follow-up responsibilities and reports as needed.
- Lead tours for the media or public relations purposes.
- Assist with planning and coordinating special committee meetings, team retreats, training days, travel arrangements, etc.
The duties and responsibilities listed are intended to describe the essential functions of persons assigned to this job. They are not intended as an exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities, and requirements.Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree OR an Associate's degree with the agreement to obtain a Bachelor's degree after hire. An educational degree in administrative, business or marketing area is preferred.
- Minimum 4 years administrative experience.
- Exceptional customer service skills and the ability to maintain an excellent working relationship with internal and external customers, with sensitivity to confidential matters.
- Creative, energetic personality with well-developed verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organization, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple priorities and projects to meet necessary deadlines in a fast paced, sometimes stressful environment.
- Requires ability to handle sensitive or difficult situations and people in a discreet, confidential, and professional manner.
- Strong technology skills with demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, Microsoft Outlook, database systems, and the ability to learn other appropriate programs as necessary.
- Must possess strong detailed and organizational skills, time management, resourcefulness, critical thinking and exceptional ability to handle a multitude of tasks simultaneously to meet deadlines.
- Ability to adapt to change and work in a very fast-paced, team-oriented environment, with a willingness to explore opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
- Project management and social media experience in a professional setting are highly desirable.
6 to 8 hours: Grasping, performing repetitive movements, sitting, working indoors
4 to 5 hours: None
1 to 3 hours: Bending
Less than 1 hour: Balancing, climbing, crawling, driving, kneeling, pulling, pushing, reaching, standing, twisting, walking, working at heights, working in temperature extremes, working outdoors
Lifting and Carrying:
Less than 10 pounds: 1-10 repetition (s) per hour
10 to 20 pounds: Less than 1 repetition per hour
20-50 pounds: Less than 1 repetition per hour
50-100 pounds: Less than 1 repetition per hour
More than 100 pounds with help: Less than 1 repetition per hour
Additional Physical Requirements:
Vision: Adequate with aid to read instructions, labels, documents, computer screens, and differentiate between colors.
Hearing: Adequate with aid to understand oral requests, telephone conversation, and PA systems.
Required Employee Program Safety Training:
Emergency procedures, and ergonomics (office/workplace).