ADMINISTRATIVE COORDINATOR (SOM Admissions)
To coordinate activities and provide supervision in the operation and administration of the School of Medicine Admissions department. To relieve the administrator of a large volume of complex decisions. Responsible for making complex administrative decisions requiring knowledge of a wide range of regulations, policies, and procedures. Also, responsible for fiscal and administrative activities for a large department or comprehensive responsibility for the operation and direction of a smaller department.Description of Duties
• Plans, organizes, and coordinates administrative operations.
• Assists director and/or manager in preparing and analyzing budgets, merit pay recommendations, as well as assisting during the interviewing/hiring process.
• Maintains and verifies departmental personnel files including records of required employee credentials and licensing.
• Maintains departmental procedures manuals.
• Schedules and arranges department and committee meetings including the preparation of meeting notices and agendas.
• Monitors and maintains control of expenditures within budgets.
• Processes bills for payment.
• Assists in report preparation and in responding to official inquiries.
• Coordinates procurement of equipment and supplies.
• Interprets rules, regulations, and policies and executes as applicable.
• Relieves administrator of a wide variety of internal administrative duties which require a thorough understanding of the functions, programs, and policies of the University and department.
• Interprets and reviews administrative decisions, policies, and internal procedures.
• Plans, supervises, and schedules the work of assigned staff.
• Determines work priorities and evaluates work progress.
• Assists in the preparation of the annual budget and/or grant applications and maintains the current status of the same with respect to funds available and obligated.
• Coordinates the collection of information or the preparation of reports and compiles or supervises the compilation of data for reports.
• Serves as a liaison with other departments on policies, procedures, and practices.
• Reports directly to the top administrator in the department.
• Performs related duties as required.Supervision Received
General direction from the assigned supervisor.Supervision Given
Supervises assigned staff.Required Education
Bachelors Degree from an accredited University.Preferred Education
Bachelors Degree in Business Administration from an accredited University.Licenses/Certifications
Preferred: Valid Texas driver’s license or ability to obtain within six (6) weeks of hire.Required Experience
Two (2) years of office administrative or business management experience.Preferred Experience
Experience within higher education.Equipment
Personal computer, word processing, spreadsheet, and database software. Standard office machines. Banner and/or PeopleSoft systems, preferred.Working Conditions
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Indoor office environment.Other
Some evening and /or weekend work and travel may be required. Ability to multi-task. Must possess strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills. Work requires the application of considerable judgment and discretion.Physical Capabilities
N/AEmployment CategoryFull-TimeMinimum SalaryCommensurate with ExperiencePosted SalaryCommensurate with ExperiencePosition Available Date08/17/2020Grant Funded PositionNoIf Yes, Provide Grant Expiration DateEEO Statement
It is the policy of The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley to promote and ensure equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or protected veteran status. In accordance with the requirements of Title VII of the civil rights act of 1964, the title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, our University is committed to comply with all government requirements and ensures non discrimination in it’s education programs and activities, including employment.Special Instructions to Applicants
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission. The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to discontinue accepting applications prior to the stated close date of this position, after meeting the posting requirement of three (3) calendar days.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at (956) 665-2451 and/or [email protected]Additional Information
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.Quick Linkhttp://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/25439Posting Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a current UTRGV employee?
- * Are you now, or previously, employed by The University of Texas System or any of its institutions?
- Yes - I currently am employed by the UT System or its institutions
- Yes - I have previously been employed by the UT System or its institutions
- No - I have never been employed by the UT System or its institutions
- * Please select your highest level of completed education.
- 6th grade education
- 10th grade education
- High School Diploma or GED
- Associates Degree, Technical, or Trade School Degree/Certification or 60 Hours of College Hours
- Bachelors Degree from an accredited university
- Masters Degree from an accredited university
- Ph. D. or other terminal degree from an accredited university
- None of the above
- * Please provide the field of study for your education:
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please indicate the number of years of full time work experience you have directly related to the position in which you are applying for:
- Less than 1 year
- 1 year
- 2 years
- 3 years
- 4 years
- 5 years
- 6 years
- 7 years
- 8 years
- 9 years
- 10 years
- Over 10 years
- * Do you meet the minimum requirements for this position?
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Reference Letter 1
- Reference Letter 2
- Reference Letter 3
- Certifications and Licenses
- Training Certificates
- Other Document
- List of 3 References
- Unofficial Transcripts 2
- Unofficial Transcripts 3
- Letter of Interest
- Unofficial Graduate Transcripts
- Additional Document