International Marketing Specialist
Job no: 497860
Work type: Staff
Location: San José
Categories: Unit 9 - CSUEU - Technical Support Services, Administrative, Marketing/Communications, Probationary, Full Time
The focus of this position is on international marketing and positioning CPGE to meet strategic and long term-objectives as related to international student recruitment, international student services, Study Abroad and Faculty-Led programs and other assigned programs. The incumbent is responsible for coordinating marketing efforts for recruitment in support of the International Recruitment and Partnerships unit as well as some support of college marketing and communication plans.
The CPGE Marketing unit is responsible for working with CPGE Administration, program administrators, and other clients to develop marketing campaigns and communication plans that will support the CPGE brand, products, and services.
- Oversee creation and distribution of international marketing materials, videos, advertisements, and promotional materials.
- Oversee content of international and global web sites
- Lead marketing strategies and projects related to international recruitment, partnerships and programs.
- Analyze international market trends and recommend changes to marketing and business development strategies based on analysis and feedback.
- Design and execute market research projects that provide vital information for program development and surveys that gauge customer satisfaction in international recruitment, partnerships and programs.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, fine attention to detail, and analytical skills
- Knowledge of social media outlets, posting, developing analytics from social media sites
- Ability to use market research to enhance the impact of communication strategies, campaigns, and program development
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, faculty, and community members
- Strong presentation skills
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent training
- Four years of administrative work experience involving study, analysis, and/or evaluation leading to the development or improvement of administrative policies, procedures, practices, or programs
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, marketing, communications, or relevant degree
- At least two years of marketing to international students for a large public university
- Excellent written communication skills (based on application material)
- At least four years of professional marketing experience including social media and customer relationship management coordination
- Experience writing for web, communication plans, advertisements, and collateral
- Experience working with Salesforce, Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Suite, and website applications
Classification: Administrative Analyst/Specialist, Exempt II
Anticipated Hiring Range: $5,300/month - $6,180/month
Hiring Range: $4,693/month -$8,489/month
San José State University offers employees a comprehensive benefits package typically worth 30-35% of your base salary. For more information on programs available, please see the Employee Benefits Summary.
Click Apply Now to complete the SJSU Online Employment Application and attach the following documents:
- Letter of Interest
All applicants must apply within the specified application period: October 21, 2020 through November 4, 2020. This position is open until filled; however, applications received after screening has begun will be considered at the discretion of the university.
Satisfactory completion of a background check (including a criminal records check) is required for employment. SJSU will issue a contingent offer of employment to the selected candidate, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was offered the position on a contingent basis.
The standard background check includes: criminal check, employment and education verification. Depending on the position, a motor vehicle and/or credit check may be required. All background checks are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate Background. Some positions may also require fingerprinting. SJSU will pay all costs associated with this procedure. Evidence of required degree(s) or certification(s) will be required at time of hire.
SJSU IS NOT A SPONSORING AGENCY FOR STAFF OR MANAGEMENT POSITIONS. (e.g. H1-B VISAS)
All San José State University employees are considered mandated reporters under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and are required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
Equal Employment Statement
San José State University (SJSU) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to nondiscrimination on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, gender, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, race, religion or lack thereof, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, or protected veteran status consistent with applicable federal and state laws. This policy applies to all SJSU students, faculty and staff programs and activities. Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, and certain other federal and state laws, prohibit discrimination on the basis of sex in all education programs and activities operated by the university (both on and off campus).
Advertised: October 21, 2020 (9:00 AM) Pacific Daylight Time