International Recruitment Advisor
International Recruitment Advisor
Job no: 497882
Work type: Staff
Location: San José
Categories: Unit 4 - APC - Academic Professionals of California, Student Services, Probationary, Full Time
The International Recruitment Advisor communicates with international applicants regarding admission eligibility issues, provides pre-admission counseling, advises regarding application procedures, and performs follow-up services with students on a regular basis in-person, on the telephone, and electronically. The incumbent will take a critical role as the liaison on campus to work with undergraduate/graduate admissions, communications team, housing, ISSS, and International Gateways offices to advocate on issues impacting international applicants. In addition, the incumbent collaborates with the International Recruitment Specialist on important tasks including but not limited to: managing data entry and reporting, monitoring application status, corresponding with applicants, and conducting outreach to prospective international applicants both locally and out-of-state on an as-needed basis. The incumbent will also review and update information of prospective students/applicants in CRM database and perform related duties as assigned. This position resides in International Recruitment & Partnerships.
- Counsel international students regarding admissions requirements for degree and non-degree programs and guide them through the application process, from initial interest through application being processed/reviewed/evaluated by the SJSU Admission offices.
- Outreach to prospective international students by attending recruiting fairs and events, both locally and out-of-state
- Advise admitted students regarding university policies related to testing, registration, orientation, housing, and other student services.
- Communicate regularly with students and partners via email regarding application issues and advise proper subsequent actions.
- Collaborate with colleagues to produce reports on a regular basis by accessing CRM system.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of international recruitment trend and practice.
- Knowledge and understanding of regulations pertaining to F-1 visa students.
- Knowledge of or ability to acquire database skills such as database management and spreadsheet applications
- Basic knowledge of PeopleSoft Query and SQL.
- Knowledge and experience using various social media platforms, and familiarity with communication applications such as outlook, skype, Facebook and/or blogs
- Ability to clearly express ideas and suggestions both written and orally
- Equivalent to graduation from a four-year college or university in one of the behavioral sciences, public or business administration or a job-related field.
- Two years of professional experience in one of the student services program areas or in a related field. A master’s degree in a job-related field may be substituted for one year of the professional experience.
- One or more years of professional experience in international recruitment, international admission or international program at a higher education setting.
- Experience working with international student population.
- Experience working with F1 regulations
- Experience in Customer Relation Management (CRM) database
- Experience and understanding in credential evaluation.
Classification: Student Services Professional II
Anticipated Hiring Range: $4,304/month - $4,524/month
Hiring Range: $4,304/month - $6,120/month
San José State University offers employees a comprehensive benefits package typically worth 30-35% of your base salary. For more information on programs available, please see the Employee Benefits Summary.
Click Apply Now to complete the SJSU Online Employment Application and attach the following documents:
- Letter of Interest
All applicants must apply within the specified application period: October 22, 2020 through November 5, 2020. This position is open until filled; however, applications received after screening has begun will be considered at the discretion of the university.
Satisfactory completion of a background check (including a criminal records check) is required for employment. SJSU will issue a contingent offer of employment to the selected candidate, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was offered the position on a contingent basis.
The standard background check includes: criminal check, employment and education verification. Depending on the position, a motor vehicle and/or credit check may be required. All background checks are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate Background. Some positions may also require fingerprinting. SJSU will pay all costs associated with this procedure. Evidence of required degree(s) or certification(s) will be required at time of hire.
SJSU IS NOT A SPONSORING AGENCY FOR STAFF OR MANAGEMENT POSITIONS. (e.g. H1-B VISAS)
All San José State University employees are considered mandated reporters under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and are required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
Equal Employment Statement
San José State University (SJSU) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to nondiscrimination on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, gender, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, race, religion or lack thereof, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, or protected veteran status consistent with applicable federal and state laws. This policy applies to all SJSU students, faculty and staff programs and activities. Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, and certain other federal and state laws, prohibit discrimination on the basis of sex in all education programs and activities operated by the university (both on and off campus).
Advertised: October 22, 2020 (9:00 AM) Pacific Daylight Time