Nurse Practitioner - Per Diem
University of Scranton
Nurse Practitioner - Per Diem
The University is committed to providing an educational, residential, and working environment that is free from harassment and discrimination. Members of the University community, applicants for employment or admissions, guests and visitors have the right to be free from harassment or discrimination based on race, color, religion, ancestry, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, national origin, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Sexual harassment, including sexual violence, is a form of sex discrimination prohibited by Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972. The University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational, extracurricular, athletic, or other programs or in the context of employment.
Anyone who has questions about the University’s Sexual Harassment and Sexual Misconduct Policy, or the University’s Non-Discrimination or Anti-Harassment Policy, or wishes to report a possible violation of one of the policy should contact:
Elizabeth M. Garcia
Title IX Coordinator
The Office of Equity and Diversity
Institute of Molecular Biology & Medicine, Rm 311
The University is a Catholic and Jesuit University animated by the spiritual vision and the tradition of excellence characteristic of the Society of Jesus and those who share in its way of proceeding. All candidates must indicate how they would help communicate and support the Catholic and Jesuit identity and mission of the University. The University’s mission statement and a description of the history and concepts of the Ignatian teaching philosophy may be found at https://www.scranton.edu/about/jesuit-tradition/index.shtml.
A licensed and credentialed Nurse Practitioner provides assessment, diagnosis, treatment, health education promotion and follow-up to students at The University of Scranton.
This is a Per Diem position.
- Obtains patient histories, performs physical examinations, makes diagnoses,
plans treatment (including prescription medication/treatment), and provides health education and follow-up within prescribed guidelines and/or makes appropriate
- Documents all medical evaluations, diagnoses, procedures, treatment, education, referrals and consultations consistent with professional and state regulatory standards in the Student Health Services Electronic Health Record system
- Orders, interprets and evaluates diagnostic tests as appropriate
- Works independently and in autonomous collaboration with primary Nurse
Practitioner and Collaborating Physician
- Prescribes or recommends medications or other forms of treatment within scope
- Makes referrals to community health care providers for services beyond the scope
of a college health service such as x-ray, laboratory, hospitalization, emergency
procedures, etc., and communicates with those providers appropriately
- Maintains clinical competencies and professional development commensurate
with job and licensure/certification requirements; analyzes new knowledge
gained from conferences, workshops, professional literature or other training and
assimilates this knowledge into clinical practice
- Participates in review and development of policies and procedures
- Practices safety, environmental, and/or infection control methods
Additional Skills Required:
- Knowledge of the theories and practice of professional nursing
- Knowledge of theory and practice of health maintenance and preventive health care
- Knowledge of disease processes and their signs and symptoms
- Skill in the application of techniques used in performing physical assessment
- Ability to perform and demonstrate nursing procedures
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
Minimum Education Requirements:
- Master of Science degree in Nursing with completion of Nurse Practitioner tract (Family or Adult tract) - Certification as a Registered Nurse Practitioner by the PA State Board of Nursing - Current licensure by the PA State Board of Nursing - Prescriptive Authority in Pennsylvania
Minimum Job Experience Requirements:
- Minimum of one year of experience in a primary care or college health setting
Per Diem; as needed
Full Time/Part Time:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
To apply, visit https://universityofscrantonjobs.com/postings/4928
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency