Shuttle Bus Driver
University of Scranton
Shuttle Bus Driver
The University is committed to providing an educational, residential, and working environment that is free from harassment and discrimination. Members of the University community, applicants for employment or admissions, guests and visitors have the right to be free from harassment or discrimination based on race, color, religion, ancestry, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, national origin, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Sexual harassment, including sexual violence, is a form of sex discrimination prohibited by Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972. The University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational, extracurricular, athletic, or other programs or in the context of employment.
Anyone who has questions about the University’s Sexual Harassment and Sexual Misconduct Policy, or the University’s Non-Discrimination or Anti-Harassment Policy, or wishes to report a possible violation of one of the policy should contact:
Elizabeth M. Garcia
Title IX Coordinator
The Office of Equity and Diversity
Institute of Molecular Biology & Medicine, Rm 311
The University is a Catholic and Jesuit University animated by the spiritual vision and the tradition of excellence characteristic of the Society of Jesus and those who share in its way of proceeding. All candidates must indicate how they would help communicate and support the Catholic and Jesuit identity and mission of the University. The University’s mission statement and a description of the history and concepts of the Ignatian teaching philosophy may be found at https://www.scranton.edu/about/jesuit-tradition/index.shtml.
The Shuttle Bus Driver's primary responsibility is transporting students and other University of Scranton passengers safely and securely both on and off campus.
- Ensure the safety of students, faculty, staff, and guests of the University community while transporting them in a University vehicle
- Transport students, faculty, and staff to various locations such as the airport, sporting facilities or other destinations as needed
- Operate shuttle as intended in order to transport students safely to destinations on or off campus
- Remain flexible to prescribed routes, as time allows
- Accommodating special requests of passengers
- Log mechanical problems or damage in order to maintain the vehicle(s) in good running condition
- Ensure proper levels of fuel
- Maintain knowledge of construction or other detours (including hazardous conditions during inclement weather)
- Maintain clean and safe shuttle interiors
- Take responsibility for ensuring vehicles carry no more than the maximum number of passengers allowed by law
Additional Skills Required:
- Must have a valid Class C CDL License with passenger endorsement and be able to operate an ADA accessible ramp
- Maintain a current Medical Examiner’s Certificate as required by PennDOT
- Must have a clean driving record and pass the University of Scranton’s Authorized Driver process
- Be dependable and timely in attendance
- Ability to work independently
- Must demonstrate and ability to perform, extreme weather conditions, or where unexpected changes and unsafe conditions exist
- Must be able to respect, support and contribute to the University’s Catholic and Jesuit mission
Minimum Education Requirements:
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent - Must have a valid Class C CDL License with passenger endorsement and be able to operate an ADA accessible ramp
Minimum Job Experience Requirements:
Any candidate offered employment, must submit to a background investigation, to include: - A criminal record check for convictions of any disqualifying criminal offense - A driving record - A drug screen for any illegal controlled substances - A query for current and prospective employees’ drug and alcohol violations before permitting those employees to operate a commercial motor vehicle (CMV) on public roads
Hours will vary due to nature of position
Full Time/Part Time:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
To apply, visit https://universityofscrantonjobs.com/postings/4930
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency