Instructor - Full-time Faculty - Criminal Justice
Instructor - Full-time Faculty - Criminal Justice
Criminal Justice 9-Month Faculty ** This position requires on-site instruction at the Nelsonville, OH campus ** Salary Range: Per Collective Bargaining Agreement scale. Includes full benefits
Position Information and Requirements:
Under the direct supervision of the Program Manager performs the following functions as per the professional bargaining unit contract: Provide instructional services; Perform academic advising activities; Engage in continuous professional development in both teaching and Criminal Justice specific theory and practice; Participate in department activities; Participate in new student enrollment activities (recruitment, registration, Expo Hocking, and Showcase); Participate in Academic Affairs and other institutional activities; Maintains a safe working area and conditions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- PROVIDES INSTRUCTIONAL SERVICES: Assist with development of Criminal Justice program course outcomes and curriculum which are consistent with Academic Affairs, department, and Criminal Justice program goals; convey course outcomes and expectations to students according to college policy; organize and manage instructional activities; use appropriate learner-centered instructional methods; provide evaluation methods appropriate to stated outcomes; evaluate student learning in a fair manner; posts and maintains sufficient office hours compatible with student schedules; maintain accurate records of evaluation and course work including attendance; submit grades as required and on time; regularly seeks feedback on course delivery and student learning; participate in the college evaluation system of instructional services; revise/update courses regularly.
- PERFORMS STUDENT ACADEMIC ADVISING ACTIVITIES: Assist with the recruitment and placement of criminal justice and other Hocking College students; encourage students' involvement in the advising process; maintains sufficient advising hours compatible with student schedules; meet with advisees at least twice per semester and as often as needed; advise student having difficulty in class I clinical work; maintain appropriate advisee files; direct students to appropriate department and College resources; maintain confidentiality; periodically evaluates graduation progress and completions.
- ENGAGES IN CONTINUOUS PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT IN BOTH TEACHING AND CRIMINAL JUSTICE THEORY AND PRACTICE: Formulate and implement goals for growth; identify own professional development needs consistent with the mission of the College, Academic Affairs, and department; maintain or attain appropriate certification; licensure, or credentialing; seek appropriate resources to meet goals for continuous improvement; participate in department, Academic Affairs, and College faculty/staff development programs.
- PARTICIPATES IN PUBLIC SAFETY SERVICES DEPARTMENT ACTIVITIES: Work cooperatively with others to accomplish the goals of the department and technology; share expertise and materials with other department members; work constructively to resolve individual and department concerns; actively participate in technology and department activities and meetings; follow departmental policies.
- PARTICIPATES IN ACADEMIC AFFAIRS AND INSTITUTIONAL ACTIVITIES: Is familiar with the mission and philosophy of Hocking College; follows Hocking College policies and procedures; promote a positive working relationship across technology, department, and community lines; participate in Academic Affairs and institutional activities and committees; participate in student enrollment activities (recruiting and registration), contribute to the assessment of student academic achievement; At all times maintains a safe working area and conditions.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Qualifications - Education, Experience, and Skills
- A master's degree in Criminal Justice or related field or a master's degree and a cohesive set of at least 18 semester credit hours of graduate coursework.
- 3-5 years of experience working in the Criminal Justice Field
- Evidence of excellence in teaching at the college level
- Familiar with Blackboard
- Experience with online education
- Degree must be from a regionally or nationally accredited institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education or the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent as verified by a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services, Inc.
- Evidence of professional development in the field of concentration as demonstrated by activity in professional associations, consultative practice; participation in seminars, workshops, and formal coursework, and individual reading and research.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Strong technology skills including usage of email, student information system, and learning management system
- Organizational, record-keeping, and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of subject area.
- Knowledge of educational theory and application.
- Knowledge of learners and individual learning styles. Interest in and commitment to the learner-centered educational process.
- Educational technology skills.
- Caring attitude toward students.
- Learning and self-motivation skills.
- Willingness to extend self to help students succeed.
- Knowledge of College resources available to students.
- Knowledge of organizational structure.
- Current knowledge of programs, objectives, and requirements.
- Openness to suggestions for improvement.
- Attention to detail.
- Flexibility in dealing with others.
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Ability to prioritize work.
- Behaves in accordance with Hocking College and Academic Affairs' mission, goals, and values.
- Positive attitude.
- Knowledge of safe working conditions.
To apply, visit https://recruitingbypaycor.com/career/JobIntroduction.action?clientId=8a7883d072e8b0dc01734eb99aee3392&id=8a78859e7475f4d70174b0c8f14043bb&source=elephantjobs&lang=en
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency