HVAC Master Mechanic
Present Position Number:
01223WRole Code Title:
Trades Technician IVPosition Title:
HVAC Master MechanicPosition Summary:
William & Mary invites applicants for the position of HVAC Master Mechanic to provide installation, maintenance and repair on HVAC systems and equipment including locating, diagnosing, and making repairs to insure continuous, safe, and efficient operation of all equipment.
William & Mary offers our employees a full array of benefits including retirement, health insurance with options for expanded dental and vision along with group and optional life insurance with coverage for spouse and children, flexible spending accounts, and an EAP (Employee Assistance Program).
Our employees enjoy additional university benefits such as educational assistance, professional development, wellness benefits, and a robust holiday schedule. All employees have access to fitness facilities on campus. Staff members also have access to the university libraries, and much more. To learn more, go to: https://www.wm.edu/offices/hr/currentemployees/classifiedandoperational/index.phpRequired Qualifications:
- Experience working with Building Automation Systems (BAS).
- Ability to troubleshoot, test, diagnose and repair HVAC equipment.
- Ability to interpret blueprints, shop drawings and specifications.
- Ability to climb ladders.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
– Ability to deal effectively with
supervisors, peers and customers.
- Knowledge of HVAC construction methods and codes.
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Demonstrated experience in HVAC maintenance, repair and construction.
- EPA Universal Refrigerant License.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Journeyman’s license
- Experienced in the use of hand and power tools, gauges, and equipment used in HVAC maintenance and repair.
- Experience in air and hydronic testing and balancing.
Commensurate with ExperienceDepartment:
951100 Plant AdministrationLocation:
William & MaryUniversity Salary Range:
U08Job Open Date:
02/18/2020Open Until Filled:
Full Time OperationalPosition Term:
12-MonthConditions of Employment::
-This position has been designated as essential to the operation of the department, will require reporting to work when the College is officially closed and is subject to overtime.
-Incumbent will be required to participate in Facilities Management on-call program.
William & Mary values diversity and invites applications from underrepresented groups who will enrich the research, teaching and service missions of the university. The university is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and encourages applications from women, minorities, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.Background Check Statement:
William & Mary is committed to providing a safe campus community. W&M conducts background investigations for applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include reference checks, a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial (credit) report or driving history check.