Adjunct Faculty (Section Leader) - Online MBA - Accounting
Present Position Number:
PT Instruct/LecturerPosition Title:
Adjunct Faculty (Section Leader) - Online MBA - AccountingPosition Summary:
The Raymond A. Mason School of Business at William & Mary is recruiting a pool of adjunct faculty (Section Leaders) to lead one or more 7.5-week sections of the BUAD 5107: Financial and Managerial Accounting course within the Online MBA program.
Accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), the Online MBA program at William & Mary delivers an exemplary business education unlike any other by focusing on an innovative theme: “Renaissance Thinker, Revolutionary Leader.” Courses address enduring and relevant business themes, including breadth of knowledge, communications, critical thinking, and creative problem-solving. The Financial and Managerial Accounting course introduces students to the roles that accounting systems play in organizations and in global capital markets. Please visit the following website to learn more about the Online MBA program at William & Mary: https://online.mason.wm.edu/mba
Section Leaders serve a vital role within the Online MBA program and are valued members of the Raymond A. Mason School of Business and the William & Mary community. Under the guidance of the Master Teacher, Section Leaders facilitate course activities, monitor discussion boards, provide students with timely feedback, and grade assignments and exams. Section Leaders are provided with professional learning opportunities and are invited to attend on-campus events.
Position duties include:
• Maintain frequent and open communication with William & Mary faculty and staff through email, mail, telephone, and any other medium deemed appropriate.
• Complete online instructor orientation and technology training before teaching online for the Mason School and complete continuing training each year after.
• Review course content, activities, and assignments prior to the term start date.
• Coordinate course activities with the Master Teacher.
• Meet all designated course instruction guidelines.
• Post weekly announcements communicating upcoming deadlines and other relevant information.
• Provide students with timely and specific feedback.
• Grade assignments and exams in a timely manner based on the instructions/rubrics provided by the Master Teacher (48 – 72 hours).
• Respond to student inquiries within 24 hours.
• Monitor discussion boards and participate as applicable.
• Offer weekly virtual office hours for individual or group consultation.
• Meet weekly with the Master Teacher during regularly scheduled calls throughout the course.
• Submit final grades to the Master Teacher according to William & Mary policy and the Online Programs calendar.
• Submit end-of-semester feedback and reflection form.
Section Leaders typically spend 15 to 20 hours per week fulfilling the duties listed above.
Selected candidates must demonstrate proficiency using the learning management system and knowledge of applicable policies and procedures by completing all required training and orientation activities prior to the term start date.Required Qualifications:
Please make sure your cover letter and resume clearly indicate how you meet the following required qualifications:
• Master’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, or a closely related field.
• Expertise and relevant professional and/or instructional experience in financial and managerial accounting.
• Previous experience providing instruction to adult learners in an academic or corporate setting.
• Demonstrated communication and collaboration skills.
Please make sure your cover letter and resume clearly indicate whether you meet any of the preferred qualifications:
• Doctoral degree directly related to the discipline.
• Demonstrated excellence teaching adult learners in a professional degree program.
• Previous experience providing online instruction.
• Previous experience using Canvas.
• Enthusiasm for delivering education in an online mode.
3L2000 School of Business - AdministrationLocation:
William & MaryJob Open Date:
10/21/2020Review Begin Date:
11/10/2020Open Until Filled:
AdjunctBackground Check Statement:
William & Mary is committed to providing a safe campus community. W&M conducts background investigations for applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include reference checks, a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial (credit) report or driving history check.EEO Statement:
William & Mary values diversity and invites applications from underrepresented groups who will enrich the research, teaching and service missions of the university. The university is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and encourages applications from women, minorities, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.