Senior Programmer Analyst
Under the direction of the Applications Manager, the Senior Programmer Analyst will coordinate and perform difficult and complex programming duties in the analysis of systems requirements and preparation of computer programs.
A Senior Programmer Analyst plans, coordinates and performs difficult and complex programming duties with responsibility for large or complex systems within either instructional or administrative applications. Incumbents in the Programmer Analyst classification perform programming duties involving the development and revision of programs.
College of the Sequoias Community College District serves a diverse community of learners and is a designated Hispanic Serving Institution. COS provides a wide range of opportunities in transfer, general education, career and technical programs for our students. We are dedicated to recruiting employees who are committed to helping a diverse population of students achieve their educational goals. We seek candidates who exhibit an understanding and commitment to the community college mission, and who have a passion for student success.
Job duties of the Senior Programmer Analyst include:
Plan, coordinate, lead and conduct complex programming analysis of applications and/or projects.
• Study proposals for applications and analyze user requirements as related to computer technology and programming possibilities; advise users of applications available and analyze existing applications for College.
• Develop detailed programming procedures and instructions; develop programs according to user requirements; write new programs or change existing programs as necessary; implement software packages as necessary to assure proper function of College equipment.
• Communicate with users concerning their needs and requirements, problems with existing systems and new applications.
• Perform a variety of complex duties as necessary to support or develop computer programs; prepare supporting and technical documentation.
• Write or modify programming documentation in accordance with new or changed program; assure that documentation is adequate to provide the basis for maintenance, update and interface.
• Use applications or tools as necessary to perform job duties.
• Remain current on developments in computer programming applications and techniques.
• Perform related duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Education & Experience):
Any combination equivalent to:
- two years of college-level course work including courses in information systems and
- three years of computer programming experience including experience in a data base environment including
- one year at the level of a Programmer Analyst.
- Office environment.
- Ability to hear and speak to communicate with students/employees/public.
- Ability to see to read documents.
- Ability to sit and stand for extended period of time.
- Ability to reach in all directions.
- Ability to lift up to [heavy, moderately heavy, light] objects.
Knowledge and Abilities
- Principles, practices and techniques of computer programming.
- Computer programming methodologies.
- Principles and practices of work flow automation.
- Research and analysis techniques as related to compute programming.
- Principles and practices of providing technical work direction and guidance.
- Understanding of applications and operating systems.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
- Perform difficult and complex programming duties in the analysis of systems requirements and preparation of computer programs.
- Assign and review work and provide technical assistance and direction to Programmer Analysts.
- Plan, lead, coordinate and conduct programming studies of applications and operating systems.
- Detect errors in data and program structure, logic and coding.
- Write clear and concise programming documentation.
- Compile, organize, analyze and present statistical and technical data.
- Knowledge of designated applications and operating systems.
- Work independently with little direction.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Analyze situations accurately and adopt an effective course of action.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
To be considered applicants must submit ALL of the following required material before or by the filing deadline:
- An online job application.
- Letter of interest, which addresses how the applicant’s experience and/or education enables him/her to be able to perform the job duties.
Recruitment Analyst: Norma Chavez [email protected]