Administrative Specialist II
Job no: 514931
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Administrative/Professional, Human Resources, Office/Clerical
Department:27011000 - HA-HSC PRIVACY OFFICE
Administrative Spec IIJob Description:
Oversees the administrative activities of the STP team and ensures a smooth running office and program while supporting the Director and up to 45 Disease Investigators and other related professionals.
- Manages the human resource functions for new hires for the STP team and assists in the resolution of complex human resource issues within the team.
- Serves as a resource for the program, and other university departments; disseminates information to staff in the program to include databases, websites, word processing, reporting, policies, and procedures.
- Serves as a unit contact and liaison to the public and other university departments; oversees the provision of administrative services and the resolution of problems and inquiries.
- Receives and maintains confidential/non confidential records, prepares correspondence, reports, policies, and procedures for the program and ensures compliance.
- Provides advanced administrative support to the Director and acts on the supervisor’s behalf with delegated authority.
- Performs confidential or non-routine administrative tasks for the Director and the STP program.
- Coordinates meetings, attends, takes, and disseminates notes to participants.
- Compiles data, conducts research, performs independent analysis; formulates recommendation for program needs.
- Responsible for the on-boarding process for new employees within the program.
- Manages other office/support activities as assigned, makes work assignments, establishes priorities and deadlines.
- Escorts visitors within the building.
Coordinates Call Center.
- Maintains office equipment, including phone system, computers, copy machine, etc. and operates a multi-line telephone system, fax machine, copy machine, and computer.
- Relays call and messages and provides back up support for receptionist.
- Oversight of Disease Investigator scheduling.
- Interprets federal and state laws, rules, regulations, University, and department/college policies and procedures, and ensures compliance.
- Researches, prepares, and writes reports and presentations.
Purchasing – Manages the purchasing for the program.
- Monitors budget and coordination, supply inventory and places orders through My UF Market, as needed.
- Acts as proxy to p-card holders within the program to ensure p-card receipts are properly submitted in a timely manner including collection of receipts, determining funding sources, and advising p-card holders of appropriate p-card purchasing.
- Assists faculty and staff with purchasing.
- Approves invoices for payment.
- Contacts vendors for quotes, receipts, or refunds.
Coordinates travel needs for Department.
- Makes domestic and international travel arrangements for department members including verification of funds, submitting required forms (TAs) and obtaining appropriate authorization.
- Acts a as a liaison between person traveling and outside agencies, such as car rental agencies, travel agents, and airlines.
- Prepares Expense Report for reimbursement on travel expenses incurred while traveler was away, including verifying hotel bills, meal expenses, and miscellaneous expenses.
- This position will be responsible to ensure that all travel expenses stay within University guidelines, and that expenses have been kept to a minimal (cost efficient).
- Act as a liaison between the Department/Faculty and the approving travel team.
Cross trains with staff for vehicle, meeting, and room scheduling, as well as other related duties as deemed appropriate by Director.Expected Salary:
$50,000 - $55,000 annuallyMinimum Requirements:
Bachelor's degree and three years of relevant experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Florida driver licensePreferred Qualifications:
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment, to listen and follow directions, and meet or exceed deadlines.
- Ability to collect, compile, evaluate, and analyze, data.
- Ability to plan, organize, coordinate and prioritize multiple work assignments.
- Ability to accurately enter data and respond in a timely manner to information requests.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with sensitive materials and act with discretion.
- Ability to maintain effective communication with supervisor.
- Ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with faculty and staff, handle telephone calls and emails in a courteous and efficient manner.
- Knowledge of, and ability to use, standard business formats and styles, correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar with particular attention to ensuring communications are well put together and formatted correctly.
- Outstanding computer knowledge and skills with demonstrated skill using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Outlook), and Adobe Acrobat.
- Ability to operate phone system using finesse and Jabber.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills, high levels of attention to detail, reliability, and professionalism.
- Experience in an Academic or University setting, including Purchasing, Procurement Cards, Travel, Account Reconciliation, Grants, and general accounting.
- Extensive knowledge of rules and regulations of the University of Florida, State of Florida, Federal and other funding agencies is highly preferred to operate effectively and efficiently in this position.
- Ability to provide service excellence as a representative of the department.
Please upload the following - CV or Resume, Cover Letter and List of Professional References.
This is a time-limited position.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
The University of Florida is an equal opportunity institution dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive faculty and staff. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States.Health Assessment Required:No
Advertised: 21 Oct 2020 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 28 Oct 2020 Eastern Daylight Time