Category:: Staff and Administrators
Department:: 2350 (REG-Registrar's Office)
Locations:: Worcester, MA
Posted:: Oct 21, 2020
Closes:: Open Until Filled
Type:: Full-time - Exempt
Ref. No.:: 199977
About Clark University:
Founded in 1887, Clark was one of the first all-graduate institutions in the United States. Today the University is a highly-ranked, student-centered institution educating approximately 2,350 undergraduate and 1,150 graduate students to be imaginative and contributing citizens of the world and to advance the frontiers of knowledge and understanding through rigorous scholarship and creative effort. This commitment to scholarship and inquiry reflects the University's commitment to "challenge convention and change our world" and to address issues of critical importance to society. It is also reflected by Clark's many national and international distinctions, including recognition for its diversity and inclusion efforts, innovation, community engagement and impact, as a top green campus, and for having a distinguished geography and international development program. Clark has also been included in the groundbreaking Colleges that Change Lives guide since it was first published in 1996.
Clark is located in Worcester, Massachusetts, a dynamic, diverse city "on the rise." The second largest city in New England, Worcester is home to 11 institutions of higher learning and is increasingly recognized for its growing healthcare and biotechnology communities, its thriving cultural scene, and as a vibrant food hub
- Manage the review of candidates for graduation, certify their completion, and post degrees. Communicate issues back to students and advisors. Prepare the official lists for Marketing and Communication department of graduates for commencement programs (including Latin, departmental, and university honors), produce data necessary to stage the event (seating and reading lists), oversee the production and distribution of diplomas, and ordering of supplies necessary for ceremonies (diploma stock, covers, PhD hoods, etc?)
- Conduct end of semester processing: collection and posting of final grades, recalculating GPAs, review and posting of repeat flags, calculate and post Dean's List awards for undergraduates, review of missing pre-requisites for next semester, student type changes, and continued monitoring/updating of incomplete and "not submitted" grades
- Produce and submit enrollment and degree verify files to the National Student Clearinghouse and respond to reporting and NSLDS SSCR errors
- Process student data relative to approved leaves, withdrawals, dismissals, readmissions, and study away/abroad
- Participate in the evaluation of transfer credit and supervise the posting of awarded credits to student records (including study abroad, advanced placement, and advanced standing)
- Evaluate office procedures for efficiencies and improvements (including the use of technology) and recommend changes to policies and procedures relative to student and institutional needs
- Assignment and removal of campus PO Boxes
- Processing of College Board petitions and students approved for part-time status
- Coordinate the HECCMA (consortium) cross-registration process
- Serve as one of multiple Veteran's Affairs Certifying School Official
- Manage the maintenance/destruction of student records in accordance with the University Records Retention Policies, including coordinating with Admissions to create the student folder
- Produce student data as requested by academic departments
- Represent the Registrar and office on university committees
- Other duties and special projects as assigned
- Bachelor's degree required
- 3-5 years working in a Registrar's Office or academic setting
- Experience using a relational database, Ellucian Banner preferred.
- Demonstrated MS Office knowledge, including proficiency in Excel.
- Excellent customer service skills and a service orientation
- Possess a communication style and demeanor necessary to foster effective working relationships
- Demonstrated superb attention to detail developed methods for ensuring accuracy
- Be an independent and have the capacity to use good judgement
- Innate ability to think creatively and innovatively to solve problems
- Bring a natural curiosity every day to every task
- Be an analytical and critical thinker
- Possess the ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion at all times
- Ability to learn quickly and understand how each process is connected to the larger goals of the office and the University
This is a Full-time position with excellent benefits, which include employee and family tuition benefits, 4 weeks' vacation, generous retirement plan, free use of campus fitness center and many more.
Clark University embraces equal opportunity and affirmative action as core values: we believe that cultivating an environment that embraces and promotes diversity is fundamental to the success of our students, our employees and our community. This commitment applies to every aspect of education, services, and employment policies and practices at Clark. Our commitment to diversity informs our efforts in recruitment, hiring and retention. All positions at Clark share in the responsibility for building a community that values diversity and the uniqueness of others by exhibiting integrity and respect in interacting with all members of the Clark community to create an atmosphere of fairness and belonging. We strongly encourage members from historically underrepresented communities, inclusive of all women, to apply.
To be considered for this position, you must submit your credentials online. Create a Clark University Careers Account by clicking on the APPLY NOW button below. You will be able to upload the following documents, which are required for consideration:
- Cover letter
See the FAQ for using our online system. Please contact us if you need assistance applying through this website.
Already have a Clark University Careers Account? Login to your account to add documents or update your account.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Salary will be commensurate with skills and experience.