Advisor, Dual Enrollment
Posting Number: :
0000997Job Title: :
Advisor, Dual EnrollmentPS Position#: :
00001116Position Status: :
Starting salary range of $46,033 - $50,636 is based on the Lee College Administrative/Administrative Support Salary Scale, C42. Initial salary is commensurate with education and experience.Classification: :
Dual EnrollmentJob Summary/Basic Function: :
Serve as the point of contact between the Lee College campus and all service area and constituent high schools. In coordination with campus departments and public school officials, create a college culture in the service area by promoting the dual enrollment program and assisting high school students and their parents with college testing, admissions, scheduling, registration, and payments. This position will primarily serve as the Academic Advisor responsible for the Liberty Center but may be assigned other dual credit locations, as needed.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Serve as the Liberty Center and service area advisor and provide academic services to prospective and current students.
- Cooperatively work with college advisors, counselors, and staff to remain current in program changes and applicable financial aid options.
- Meet with counselors, parents, and students of constituent high schools to facilitate the admission, testing, and registration of students in dual enrollment.
- Coordinate and assist in the admission, testing, and registration processes.
- Serve as contact to the administration and staff in public, private, and home-schooled settings.
- Serve as an advisor to parents of dual enrollment students attending public, private, and home schools.
- Establish Parent/Student Orientation Sessions on the college campus, as well on high school campuses.
- Discuss FERPA guidelines with students and their parents.
- Discuss tuition and fees with the students and parents.
- Submit request to Admissions/Records for dual enrollment students’ transcripts to be sent to their high school following each semester.
- Handle phone calls and emails from counselors, parents, and students regarding the dual enrollment program.
- Make presentations at Parent Nights, professional meetings, college fairs, and college nights regarding the dual enrollment program.
- Collaborate with the Director to create handouts and brochures for the programs on campus and for the ISDs.
- Make onsite visits to service area high schools to facilitate communication and provide support.
- Coordinate with the Lee College business office in regards to dual enrollment high school and student billing.
- Participate in dual enrollment faculty development.
- Address complaints and disciplinary issues, including academic and behavioral, with appropriate contacts as needed in a timely manner.
Additional duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited:
- Assist in the process for reviewing the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with school districts served, so that the MOU reflects the dynamic nature of the dual enrollment partnerships.
- Generate reports for the dual enrollment program in PeopleSoft.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Excellent benefits accrue with this full-time position. This is a security sensitive position.
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status.Minimum Qualifications: :
- Bachelor’s (or higher) degree in Psychology, Sociology, Education, or a closely related field
- Two (2) years of experience working with students in secondary and/or post-secondary education
- Excellent computer skills
- Excellent communication skill, both oral and written
- Ability to work collaboratively with faculty, administrators, counselors, advisors, and other staff members in both a college and high school setting
- Ability to work well with individuals from diverse backgrounds
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends as required
- Must be able to travel to the Lee College Education Center in South Liberty County and service area high schools
- Bilingual – ability to read, write, and speak both English and Spanish
- Previous experience working at a community college
Main Campus - Baytown, TXIf other, provide location. :
Locations within Lee College service areaPosting Date::
10/19/2020Open Until Filled:
YesSpecial Instructions to Applicants::
This position requires applicants to attach the following documents: resume, cover letter, and copies of transcripts for all completed college work. (Official transcripts are required upon hire.)
In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3) professional references on the online application.
Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of the electronic application process.