Administrative Assistant B - Clinical Sciences and Advanced Medicine
Job location: Ryan Veterinary Hospital
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2020-10-20
University OverviewThe University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn’s distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning.Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.Posted Job TitleAdministrative Assistant B - Clinical Sciences and Advanced MedicineJob Profile TitleAdministrative Assistant BJob Description SummaryThe University of Pennsylvania School of Veterinary Medicine is a global leader in veterinary education, research, and clinical care. Founded in 1884, the School is a proud member of the One Health initiative, linking human, animal, and environmental health. http://www.vet.upenn.edu/
Position provides diversified administrative support to faculty, residents and staff. Responsible for assisting course organizers in coordinating all phases of several courses for veterinary students including arranging of labs, preparing handouts, exams, grading and course and faculty evaluations. Set-up schedule for student rotations and submit grades. Assist in resident applications by maintaining accurate records and setting up appointments. Also accountable for purchasing orders using Ben Financial system and the University Procard, setting up travel arrangements, processing reimbursement requests and other duties as assigned.Job Description
Responsibilities will include:
- Provide Administrative support to specific services in the Dept. of CSAM and Ryan Hospital which includes administrative support to faculty members including residents and interns. Job includes scheduling of meetings, travel and expense reimbursements, ordering supplies, etc.
- Provide Administrative course support for Dept. of CSAM to include setting up class schedules, gathering course materials, preparing exams, grades and course evaluations, uploading to Canvas. Job also includes management of student clinical rotations for specifically assigned sections and services.
- Provide administrative support for members of the leadership team. Manage communications on behalf of the Directors for special assignments; which may include meetings, emails, letters, memos, presentations and other communications. Manage Special Projects as assigned by the assigned Directors.
- Provide support for ISSS applications for staff and faculty, including H1B visas, J1 and other visa types.
- Provide administrative support for the POAP committee
- Perform additional duties as assigned
Job Location - City, StatePhiladelphia, PennsylvaniaDepartment / SchoolSchool of Veterinary MedicinePay Range$17.58 - $31.65Affirmative Action Statement
H.S. Diploma or GED and 3-5 years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Bachelor's degree or certification in Business Administration is preferred. Experience in a college or University setting is desirable. Experience in a clinical setting is preferred. Must have advanced and proficient technical skills. Experience with Concur, Canvas, Zoom, Panopto is desirable. A cover letter is required.
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.Special Requirements
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.