Job location: Remote - University Campus Employment Type:
Full-time Posted data:
Job Description SummaryReporting directly to the Director of Applications in the Department of Information Technology, The Cloud Applications Developer is responsible for development activities of the SaaS Student Information System (SIS) application. Part of the SIS support includes core SIS Student modules (Student Financials, Student Records, Student Recruitment and Admissions, Financial Aid, Data Conversion) of the system including data structures, integrations, business processes workflow/configuration, reporting and setup values. This includes providing functional/technical changes to the data structures, and promoting guiding principles and best practices, objectives and approach to maintaining data integrity and a standardized data model.
Duties and Tasks:
- Serve as a key subject matter expert supporting Cloud SIS development environment, including Student Financials, Student Records, Student Recruitment and Admissions, Financial Aid, and conversion tasks
- Oversee changes to the data structures, business processes workflow/configuration, integrations, reports and set up values
- Test, validate and implement business process changes in the Cloud SIS Application
- Support the continued development and optimization and simplification of all processes, focusing on delivering a positive experience to the end user
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer science, Engineering or related field
- 1 – 5 years of SaaS SIS experience (Campus Nexus/Anthology preferred) or similar cloud SIS systems
- 3 - 5 years demonstrated .Net development
- Industry certifications a plus
- Develop and demonstrate required controls to meet internal and/or external regulatory and compliance requirements
- Knowledge of application reverse engineering techniques and procedures
- Experience in facilitating Cloud release management process, ensuring the functional and integrations leads understand and are prepared to accept the release
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Provide Techno-Functional training across teams
- Manage the change request process, ensuring changes to the existing configuration, data structures and process definitions meet the functional and integration requirements
- Highly responsive with an ability to handle escalations quickly and professionally
- Maintain effective working relationships with supervisor and coworkers
Primary location is remote with occasionally travel required to University Campus.
The work environment characteristics described here are a representation of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term “qualified individual with a disability” means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of this position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about the office and University, handle various type of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds unless otherwise specified in the job description.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representation of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Saint Leo University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student and graduate success.
Why Work at Saint Leo?
What it’s Like to Work Here: Ask our employees and the one word they’d use to describe working at Saint Leo University is “Community.” Our team members all share the Saint Leo core values, positive attitudes, and problem-solving abilities, enabling them to provide excellent student centered service. Our mission is educating and preparing students for life and leadership in a challenging world. Thank you for your interest in joining the Saint Leo PRIDE!
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Saint Leo, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Available benefits based on employment status (Full Time vs Part Time).
- Inclusive Group Health Plan (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Group Health Plan features include Teledoc, Surgery Plus!, Wellness Incentive Program, Nationwide Pet Insurance, just to name a few!
- Health Reimbursement Account (University Paid!) and Flexible Spending Accounts (healthcare and dependent options)
- Tuition Remission (Employee, Spouse, and Dependents)*
- Tuition Exchange opportunity for dependent of employees*
- Paid Personal Leave (Sick, Vacation, Holidays)
- 403b - Annual match 3%-9% of pay based on employee’s contribution. University match and fully vested within one month of hire date.
- Basic Life and AD&D Insurance valued at 30k (University Paid!)
- Income Protection Benefits after one year
- Additional options for supplemental insurance
*Eligibility based on meeting required service period