Social Worker Senior/UKHC
Posting DetailsJob TitleSocial Worker Senior/UKHCRequisition NumberRE25018Working TitleSocial WorkerDepartment Name7H140:EMERGENCY MEDICINEWork LocationLexington, KYGrade Level10Salary Range$46,675-78,499/yearType of PositionStaffPosition Time Status Full-TimeRequired Education
MSWClick here for more information about equivalencies:http://www.uky.edu/hr/employment/working-uk/equivalenciesRequired Related Experience
No experience required.Required License/Registration/Certification
Certified Social Worker (CSW)Physical Requirements
Moving around the building and hospital.
Day shift, Monday – Friday.Job Summary
The department of Emergency Medicine is seeking a Social Worker Senior.
This position will be working closely with HIV and Hepatitis Screening and Linkage to Care Project PI in the Department of Emergency Medicine.
This position will be responsible for providing patient education, link patients to care, follow-up, participate in program meetings, and collect testing and quality data.Skills / Knowledge / Abilities
Emotional intelligence, critical thinking, organization, and communication.Does this position have supervisory responsibilities? NoPreferred Education/Experience
MSW plus one or more years of related experience preferred.Deadline to Apply10/28/2020University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare seeks to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent employees, to provide the best experience for every patient, every time. If selected for a position, do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Values of diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork?
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have a Master of Social Work (MSW) degree?
- * Do you possess a Certified Social Worker (CSW) license or are eligible to obtain one by date of hire, which will allow you to work in the state of Kentucky?
- * How many years of paid work experience do you have providing social services in a medical setting?
- More than 0, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years, up through 5 years
- More than 5 years
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter