Facilities Application Technician
Posting DetailsWorking TitleFacilities Application TechnicianPosting Number2020022CPClassification TitleIT Support Technician 2Classification Code481DRCW Exemption CriteriaEWU Position NumberC99154CUPA CodeFLSANon-ExemptBargaining Unit BU 1% Full Time100Salary / Wage RangeCS - 46Salary Information
$44,268 – $58,020Anticipated Start DateASAPTerm of Appointment12 monthsLocationCheneyCountySpokaneProject DescriptionProject DurationBackground CheckYes - BothResponsible HR UserVara Lyn ConrathResponsible HR User Email [email protected] Summary
Eastern Washington University is currently recruiting for the position of Facilities Application Tech. This position is a key member of the Facilities and Planning team and is committed to excellence in achieving the department’s and University’s mission. This position will provide a full range of information systems services including, but not limited to, data management, report writing and training. This is done by analyzing, designing, developing, implementing, researching and maintaining information systems fundamental to Facilities and Planning Department.
The Facilities Application Tech’s role is to organize, manage, and archive the information and data utilized by the department and internal and external stakeholders. This position is responsible for ensuring accurate facilities data contained in various institutional systems, including the Integrated Workplace Management System (IWMS) (AiM), Events Management System (25Live), the College’s ERP (Banner), and other related systems.
This position works with each unit within the Facilities and Planning department (Facilities Services, Facilities Maintenance, Construction and Planning, Facilities Business Services, Fire Life Safety, and Environmental Health and Safety) to analyze their work processes, procedures and policies to determine if, and how, they can be automated. This position is also responsible for helping these units develop, maintain, and document their business processes.
The candidate selected for this position will be rewarded with competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package which includes highly subsidized health/dental plans, retirement plan with 100% university match, generous paid vacation and sick leave, 11 paid holidays (adjusted accordingly), tuition waiver benefit and more.About Eastern Washington University
Eastern is a regional, comprehensive university located in Cheney, 20 minutes from downtown Spokane. In addition to our primary campus in Cheney, we also offer programs in Spokane’s innovative University-District, plus additional teaching/learning centers located in other cities throughout Washington State. Enrollment has reached over 12,000 students. The Cheney-Spokane area is the heart of the Inland Northwest, with excellent restaurants, theater, shopping, skiing, hiking, lakes, a choice of living in a medium-sized city or a small town, and high quality schools and housing.Diversity Statement
EWU does not discriminate in its programs and activities on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship or immigration status, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, genetic information, age, marital status, families with children, protected veteran or military status, HIV or hepatitis C, status as a mother breastfeeding her child, or the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability or the use of a trained guide dog or service animal by a person with a disability, as provided for and to the extent required by state and federal laws.Conditions of Employment
- This position, during the course of university employment will be involved in the receipt of, or accountability for, university funds or other items of value; as well as the unsupervised access with the developmentally disabled, vulnerable adults or children under the age of 16. The offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion and passing of a background check prior to beginning employment
- This position is covered by the Washington Federation of State Employees’ Collective Bargaining Agreement.
If you would like to obtain a copy of the Essential Functions Analysis form, which describes the physical and mental demands of the position, please contact Vara Lyn Conrath at [email protected]Pre-Placement Physical NoHearing Test NoMedical Monitoring Post Hire NoProtective Equipment
None AnticipatedRequired Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Business Administration, Project Management, Finance, Architecture, Engineering, Construction or Facilities Management or related field
- One year of experience with SQL language
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with a reporting tool such as BIRT, Crystal Reports, SQL Server Reporting Services or other report writing systems
- Candidate must demonstrate interest, ability and/or experience promoting cultural competency, universal accessibility and/or diversity.
- Knowledge and experience working in facilities management, higher education, and/or financial environment.
- Experience in construction, facilities operations, database management, or asset management.
- Experience using Integrated Workplace Management System (IWMS) or Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) (e.g. AiM, TMA, Maximo, Dude Solutions, FAMIS, etc.)
- Experience in using a well-structured life cycle management process for implementation of changes in applications and source control (Git)
- Ability to:
- work independently;
- read and comprehend technical material;
- analyze and resolve problems logically and rapidly;
- prepare reports on application performance and system capabilities
Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.Posting Date10/20/2020Open Until Further NoticeNoClosing Date11/03/2020Screening to Begin11/4/2020Special Instructions to Applicants
1. Attach a detailed cover letter in which you explain how you meet each of the required minimum qualifications [and preferred qualifications, if applicable]. It is preferred that you provide that information in a bulleted list or within a table within your cover letter.
2. Attach a chronological resume including work experience, education, and applicable certifications. Please include the names, email addresses and phone numbers for 3 professional references in your resume.
3. Complete the online application form. Professional references may be the same as listed on your resume.
4. Applicant Certification – please download the Certification form (link is provided in the next field): then complete and sign the form, and upload it to this link.
5. Diversity Response – As an equal opportunity employer with a multicultural staff and student population, we are interested in how your qualifications prepare you to work with diverse faculty, staff, and student populations representing various cultures and backgrounds that may be different from your own. Please describe how you will apply an approach that is supportive to the diverse needs, including universal access, of our students, faculty, staff, and the public.
Pursuant to RCW 28B.112.080, applicants for employment at any Washington State institution of higher education, are required to provide a signed statement verifying information about their history of prior sexual misconduct and providing authorization for current and previous employers to disclose relevant records to Eastern Washington University.
All applicants are required to download the statement linked below, complete and sign it, and then attach the signed statement as part of their job application: Required Applicant Certification.
Attach the completed and signed certification to the document link called Applicant Certification.
- Responsible for the administration and maintenance of the daily operation of the Integrated Workplace Management System (AiM) including all; Work Order Management, Accounts Payable, AiMPort AutoCAD uploads, Asset Management, Bid Management, Capital Projects, Contract Administration, Customer Service, Finance, Human Resources information, IQ reporting and dashboards, Inventory, Planning and Needs Analysis, Preventive Maintenance information, life cycle costing, Property data, Purchasing, Space Management, Time and Attendance information, and System Administration modules.
- Resolve operational problems that affect supported business unit, department, software module and/or technology areas.
- Ensure Facilities application problems are documented, tracked, and forwarded for appropriate action and coordinates resolution with clients and technical personnel.
- Work as a team member with Facilities and Information Technology personnel for application installation planning and testing and implementation of new releases of system software and system-level changes.
- Plan, schedule, and execute Integrated Workplace Management System (IWMS) changes as needed.
- Investigate and correct application errors to ensure compliance with established procedures and policies and legislative requirements.
- Help design, documents and maintain systems processes.
- Report on common sources of technical issues or questions and make recommendations to business partners and programmer analyst teams.
FACILITIES SYSTEM ANALYSIS AND MANAGEMENT
- Work with Facilities and Planning department management and stakeholders to define, document, update and implement facilities management business processes.
- Conducts and defines needs assessments, configuration specifications, and facilities business analysis, reporting and alerting requirements.
- Translate business and functional requirements and specifications into technical requirements.
- Monitor Facilities’ workforce use of designated software to ensure resources are performing as expected.
- Coordinates with other Facilities and Planning units to monitor the flow of information within the department to ensure timely, effective and complete responses to scheduled work.
- Support the functions of the department and maintain up-to-date information in order to increase effectiveness, responsiveness and quality of Facilities and Planning services.
- Plan and review work of other project members when necessary by comparing outcomes with expectations, making sure requirements are met, projects are understood and processes are submitted correctly.
TRAINING AND DOCUMENTATION
- Compose documentation and workflows for the operation of Facilities applications’ based on functional requirements.
- Provide training for new employees on the use of the IWMS system and other facilities systems.
- Supports Facilities supervisors in development of standards and procedures documentation for conducting performance audits, corrective action plans and initial, recurring, remedial, and advanced training.
- Supports documentation of audit processes, state requirements, and other regulatory needs.
- Organize and maintain the archival system for all documents related to physical facilities and systems, ensuring all documents remain organized and retrievable as required.
- Implement a multi-user file systems for storage of project documents, As-built AutoCAD files for campus buildings and grounds.
- Maintain computer file systems, application software, publishing applications, and/or data files associated with supporting functional operations.
- Using SQL and related tools, develop reports in supported systems for department operations. Provide reports for Facilities management staff as needed.
- Work closely with departmental staff to understand the business processes and software support needs to define, create, document and troubleshoot reports in the IWMS system and other systems
- Assist with the preparation, review and analysis of financial information, including recurring accounting reports, such as monthly financial statements from the University’s financial system (Banner).
- Conduct research, analysis, and evaluation to prepare reports and summaries that may include narrative, statistics, tables, and graphs.
- Assist Facilities staff in the preparation, compilation, and coordination of reports and records such as financial, payroll, labor distribution, equipment usage, purchasing, inventory, personnel, scheduling.
- Assist with the development of system extracts and/or interfaces to: Banner, Purchasing System for Physical Plant Stores, Motor Pool, Fuel Farm, the IWMS (AiM) and other systems that support Facilities and Planning.
- Perform other duties as required
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter
- Diversity Response
- Applicant Certification
- DD214 Form
- Other Document #1
- Other Document #2